Problems Of Choosing An Asus Motherboard

miliardo83

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Hi my all friends here. I am new here.

I would like to buy AMD Sempron 64bit 2500's processor in my country. So can you all give me some comments on it's motherboard? Which one i choose below is the best for it? Because i don't know which motherboard below is support this CPU.

1. Asus K8N
2. Asus K8N-E
3. Asus K8N4-E Deluxe

Or i have to choose for other brands?

:?:

miliardo83

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
So isn't it a good motherboard for K8N and K8N-E?

I have done many research in the net and i was found that this motherboard got a lots of BIOS problem right.

Pompeii

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Out of the boards you listed, I would recommend the K8N4-E deluxe or the K8N-E. But it really depends what your system is going to be. As far as I can tell, both motherboards do support a sempron processor, so it is a matter of your video card.

If you plan on getting a pci express video card, and like being "future proof", get the K8N4-E deluxe. If you want to get a AGP video card for some reason, go with the K8N-E.

Also, on a side note, the K8N4-E deluxe motherboard uses the nForce 4 chipset, meaning that its performance on gaming will be better than the other motherboard.

If I confused you with any of that, post again and someone will respond.

miliardo83

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Ok, i understood.

More question i wanna ask is, isn't this display card, NVIDIA GeForce 256 (Microsft), version 5.6.7.3 support on this K8N4-E deluxe and K8N-E? I know this display card quite old.

Pompeii

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Your video card will only work with the K8N-E motherboard. The K8N-E motherboard has the same interface as the video card, AGP 4x.

You will not be able to use the video card with the K8N4-E Deluxe motherboard. That motherboard uses a newer video card interface(pci-express).

Once again, if you have any more questions, just ask.

tylerthedruid

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Ok, i understood.

More question i wanna ask is, isn't this display card, NVIDIA GeForce 256 (Microsft), version 5.6.7.3 support on this K8N4-E deluxe and K8N-E? I know this display card quite old.

You can save money by holding on the old graphics card, but it might be better to go with the new motherboard. The deluxe motherboard will have the new PCI-Express graphics slot that people will use right now and in the close future. It may be better for you to buy a new graphics card.

Puedes reservar dinero si use el viejo tarjeta de grafica, pero pude ser mejor comprar el nuevo motherboard K8N4-E Deluxe. Esta nueva Deluxe tiene una puerta de tarjeta grafica PCI-Express. PCI-Express es una nueva puerta que usen desde seis meses y van a usar para unos dos anos mas. Quiza sera mejor comprar nuevo tarjeta de grafica que use PCI-Express para ganar mas sobre tiempo.