RPC errors

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I have just installed TS on a W2k3 server with Citrix Presentation Server 3.
Main problem continues to be an RPC error:

The System Cannot Log You On Due To The Following Error: The Remote
Procedure Call Failed And Did Not Execute.

This is very frustrating since MS has no real documentation on the error
that pertains to 2003 server. Hotfixes were supposed to have addressed the
issue for 2000 server, sadly no reference to 2003.

I get the followin in the event log:

1219: Winlogon: Logon rejected for domain\user Unable to obtain Terminal
Server User Configuration. Error: The remote procedure call failed.
1054: Userenv: Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your
computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy
processing aborted.

Any clues as to why this would continue to happen.
2 answers Last reply
More about errors
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Something seems to be wrong with either your NIC, or your DNS /
    DHCP setup. Check the (numerous!) examples on EventID.net:

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1054&eventno=1393
    &source=Userenv&phase=1

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "MS" <tyler__durden@hotmail.com> wrote on 25 jan 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

    > I have just installed TS on a W2k3 server with Citrix
    > Presentation Server 3. Main problem continues to be an RPC
    > error:
    >
    > The System Cannot Log You On Due To The Following Error: The
    > Remote Procedure Call Failed And Did Not Execute.
    >
    > This is very frustrating since MS has no real documentation on
    > the error that pertains to 2003 server. Hotfixes were supposed
    > to have addressed the issue for 2000 server, sadly no reference
    > to 2003.
    >
    > I get the followin in the event log:
    >
    > 1219: Winlogon: Logon rejected for domain\user Unable to obtain
    > Terminal Server User Configuration. Error: The remote procedure
    > call failed. 1054: Userenv: Windows cannot obtain the domain
    > controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected
    > network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
    >
    > Any clues as to why this would continue to happen.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    EventID provided no solutions to the main error of 1219, at least not in my
    case, it doesn't even mention the issue I am having which revolves around
    "The Remote Procedure Call Failed and did not execute".

    As for DNS/DHCP/NIC nslookup produces the correct information, the machines
    IP is tatic, and the NIC has the most recent drivers per MSUpdate so I've
    pretty much ruled those out. Given that I've seen this occur with multiple
    2k3/Citrix implementations (as seen on other message boards) and given that
    it was a known issue for 2k that was patched, I'm willing to come to the
    conclusion that this is yet another "undocumented feature" that probably
    will not be resolved for months to come. I am too annoyed with MS putting
    consistantly buggy products out to pay them for a service call that will
    probably resolve nothing anyway.

    Thanks for the input regardless. I'll just rebuild the machine from scratch
    which will probably resolve the issue.

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > Something seems to be wrong with either your NIC, or your DNS /
    > DHCP setup. Check the (numerous!) examples on EventID.net:
    >
    > http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1054&eventno=1393
    > &source=Userenv&phase=1
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >
    > "MS" <tyler__durden@hotmail.com> wrote on 25 jan 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:
    >
    > > I have just installed TS on a W2k3 server with Citrix
    > > Presentation Server 3. Main problem continues to be an RPC
    > > error:
    > >
    > > The System Cannot Log You On Due To The Following Error: The
    > > Remote Procedure Call Failed And Did Not Execute.
    > >
    > > This is very frustrating since MS has no real documentation on
    > > the error that pertains to 2003 server. Hotfixes were supposed
    > > to have addressed the issue for 2000 server, sadly no reference
    > > to 2003.
    > >
    > > I get the followin in the event log:
    > >
    > > 1219: Winlogon: Logon rejected for domain\user Unable to obtain
    > > Terminal Server User Configuration. Error: The remote procedure
    > > call failed. 1054: Userenv: Windows cannot obtain the domain
    > > controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected
    > > network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
    > >
    > > Any clues as to why this would continue to happen.

RPC Servers Windows