RPC errors

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I have just installed TS on a W2k3 server with Citrix Presentation Server 3.
Main problem continues to be an RPC error:

The System Cannot Log You On Due To The Following Error: The Remote
Procedure Call Failed And Did Not Execute.

This is very frustrating since MS has no real documentation on the error
that pertains to 2003 server. Hotfixes were supposed to have addressed the
issue for 2000 server, sadly no reference to 2003.

I get the followin in the event log:

1219: Winlogon: Logon rejected for domain\user Unable to obtain Terminal
Server User Configuration. Error: The remote procedure call failed.
1054: Userenv: Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your
computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy
processing aborted.

Any clues as to why this would continue to happen.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Something seems to be wrong with either your NIC, or your DNS /
DHCP setup. Check the (numerous!) examples on EventID.net:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1054&eventno=1393
&source=Userenv&phase=1

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"MS" <tyler__durden@hotmail.com> wrote on 25 jan 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> I have just installed TS on a W2k3 server with Citrix
> Presentation Server 3. Main problem continues to be an RPC
> error:
>
> The System Cannot Log You On Due To The Following Error: The
> Remote Procedure Call Failed And Did Not Execute.
>
> This is very frustrating since MS has no real documentation on
> the error that pertains to 2003 server. Hotfixes were supposed
> to have addressed the issue for 2000 server, sadly no reference
> to 2003.
>
> I get the followin in the event log:
>
> 1219: Winlogon: Logon rejected for domain\user Unable to obtain
> Terminal Server User Configuration. Error: The remote procedure
> call failed. 1054: Userenv: Windows cannot obtain the domain
> controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected
> network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
>
> Any clues as to why this would continue to happen.

ms

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

EventID provided no solutions to the main error of 1219, at least not in my
case, it doesn't even mention the issue I am having which revolves around
"The Remote Procedure Call Failed and did not execute".

As for DNS/DHCP/NIC nslookup produces the correct information, the machines
IP is tatic, and the NIC has the most recent drivers per MSUpdate so I've
pretty much ruled those out. Given that I've seen this occur with multiple
2k3/Citrix implementations (as seen on other message boards) and given that
it was a known issue for 2k that was patched, I'm willing to come to the
conclusion that this is yet another "undocumented feature" that probably
will not be resolved for months to come. I am too annoyed with MS putting
consistantly buggy products out to pay them for a service call that will
probably resolve nothing anyway.

Thanks for the input regardless. I'll just rebuild the machine from scratch
which will probably resolve the issue.