Sidewinder FF Pro help

Just bought FS2004, and managed to acquire the above joystick (old model
with GAMEPORT connection). I use a laptop which has no joystick socket, so
bought a USB adapter. Joystick is getting power, and it shows up in the
game controllers device list. Tried to calibrate without any success
(checked the raw data box, but nomovement at all). Is the problem the USB
adapter, the operating system (XP), or the joystick (too old?)

Any help appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder help

    Did you install the joystick with the latest driver?

    Emilio.

    "mr.bungle" <mr.bungle@mr.bungle.com> wrote in message
    > Just bought FS2004, and managed to acquire the above joystick (old model
    > with GAMEPORT connection). I use a laptop which has no joystick socket, so
    > bought a USB adapter. Joystick is getting power, and it shows up in the
    > game controllers device list. Tried to calibrate without any success
    > (checked the raw data box, but nomovement at all). Is the problem the USB
    > adapter, the operating system (XP), or the joystick (too old?)
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Did you double-check that you had "enabled" joystick from the Settings?

    --Lucas

    I tried to install the Microsoft software for the joystick (downloaded from
    microsoft.com) but it said it was uncompatible with XP.

    I didn't get a driver disk with it - can I get it off the web?

    > Did you install the joystick with the latest driver?
    >
    > Emilio.
    >
    > "mr.bungle" <mr.bungle@mr.bungle.com> wrote in message
    >> Just bought FS2004, and managed to acquire the above joystick (old
    >> model with GAMEPORT connection). I use a laptop which has no joystick
    >> socket, so bought a USB adapter. Joystick is getting power, and it
    >> shows up in the game controllers device list. Tried to calibrate
    >> without any success (checked the raw data box, but nomovement at
    >> all). Is the problem the USB adapter, the operating system (XP), or
    >> the joystick (too old?)
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.

    There is the site
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=77513, but you'll
    have to register as a member first.
    It gives you MS Sidewinder Game Controller Software Version 4.0, which is
    for Windows XP AND USB connections.
    For a game port connection there is no separate driver available, it is
    built into Win XP (without some of the calibration/settings features).

    Fritz

    "mr.bungle" <mr.bungle@mr.bungle.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I tried to install the Microsoft software for the joystick (downloaded
    from
    > microsoft.com) but it said it was uncompatible with XP.
    >
    > I didn't get a driver disk with it - can I get it off the web?

Joystick Video Games