SP2 sercurity alerts icon

hi all,

is there any way to remove the windows security alerts
icon from beside the clock in taskbar? I have my own
firewall so wont use the XP one and I have my own
antivirus, so again not using it. so I dont need the dumb
icon. I do my own checking of the updates page so wont be
using the auto update. please any advice on how to remove
the icon would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ice

If you update your firewall and Antivirus it will go away. I use Norton
Internet Security Pro (Norton Personal Firewall and NAV Pro); and when I ran
LiveUpdate after installation of SP2, then Windows Security Center was able
to recognize both utilities, integrated them, and the icon in the task bar
went away as there was no longer a "conflict" according to Windows Security
Center.

Bobby

"IcemanXtreme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> is there any way to remove the windows security alerts
> icon from beside the clock in taskbar? I have my own
> firewall so wont use the XP one and I have my own
> antivirus, so again not using it. so I dont need the dumb
> icon. I do my own checking of the updates page so wont be
> using the auto update. please any advice on how to remove
> the icon would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Ice

Security Alert Icon In The System Tray/Sys Tray

The Security Alert Icon in System Tray cannot be 'just turned off'.
Click on Security Center Icon in Control Panel
Under "Resources"
Click on "Change the way Security Center alerts me"
Uncheck what you don't want.
The Security Alert Icon leaves the System Tray.

Dick

"IcemanXtreme" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> is there any way to remove the windows security alerts
> icon from beside the clock in taskbar? I have my own
> firewall so wont use the XP one and I have my own
> antivirus, so again not using it. so I dont need the dumb
> icon. I do my own checking of the updates page so wont be
> using the auto update. please any advice on how to remove
> the icon would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Ice

I have the same problem - every time i login i get a message about my
firewall - i've clicked on go away and stop bothering me - but everytime i
startup it comes up with the same message