How to specify alternate port in Remote Desktops Snap-in

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Greetings,

I am using Windows 2003 server and the 'remote desktops' snap-in. I
have a number of machines that use an alternate port number for RDP
instead of 3389. How can I specify the alternate port number in
the remote desktops snap-in?

Thanks,

Stan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Check out the following link
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=187623

"Stan Kasper" <kasper@wharton.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I am using Windows 2003 server and the 'remote desktops' snap-in. I
> have a number of machines that use an alternate port number for RDP
> instead of 3389. How can I specify the alternate port number in
> the remote desktops snap-in?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

In addition to the above:
;326945]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];326945

"Stan Kasper" <kasper@wharton.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I am using Windows 2003 server and the 'remote desktops' snap-in. I
> have a number of machines that use an alternate port number for RDP
> instead of 3389. How can I specify the alternate port number in
> the remote desktops snap-in?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stan

Freezer01

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Attention to Detail !! Microsoft Remote Desktops Snap-in v/s RDP, 2 different things!

As Stan asked "I am using Windows 2003 server and the 'remote desktops' snap-in." He is asking about Remote Desktops Snap-in, not RDP listening ports.

So, our question is: By default you can not use an alternate port with Microsoft Remote Desktops Snap-in . How can we change that?

Thank you,

Jef