ts cannot connect

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I get this message if i use http://server/tsweb across the internet:

The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify
that you have typed the correct computer...."

However if i use the remote desktop tool mstsc.exe, i can get thru.

Can some one tell me whats the prob.

I am running a w2k3 DC, RRAS[ with the 3389 open]

Help

Thanks

MP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I guess the Remote Desktop Web Connection component is not installed on your
Server you are connecting.

The tsweb on the server you are trying to connect (http://server/tsweb) is
the location of client activeX after you add Remote Desktop Web Connection.
Run Windows Component Wizard to install this component first, than start
http://server/tsweb to install activeX on your client computer. This was
meant for users that do not have mstsc.exe on the system to be able to
access TS servers.

Hope this is the case

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---

"Michael Persaud" <michaelsrpersaud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I get this message if i use http://server/tsweb across the internet:
>
> The specified remote computer could not be found. Verify
> that you have typed the correct computer...."
>
> However if i use the remote desktop tool mstsc.exe, i can get thru.
>
> Can some one tell me whats the prob.
>
> I am running a w2k3 DC, RRAS[ with the 3389 open]
>
> Help
>
> Thanks
>
> MP

TRENDING THREADS