HP Business InkJet 1100d as photo printer?

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Photo
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Inkjet
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
November 11, 2004 9:38:57 PM

It is reasonable decision to treat HP Business Inkjet 1100d as potential
good buy photo printer? In reviews, this printer gets high points for
printing economy, mainly as a result of separate printheads and voluminous
ink tanks (69 ccm black, 28 ccm CMY color each, Mylar bag, cottonless,
easily refillable). It is a HP PhotoretIII printer, solidly build, with some
kind of forced pump continous ink supply system build in, but I have no
experience with color printouts from this machine! How it compares to Epson
R200/R300 or Canon iP4000, nearest contestants?
Thanks for reply!
Tadeusz

More about : business inkjet 1100d photo printer

Anonymous
a b α HP
November 12, 2004 1:10:34 PM

"Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in message
> It is reasonable decision to treat HP Business Inkjet 1100d as potential
> good buy photo printer? In reviews, this printer gets high points for
> printing economy, mainly as a result of separate printheads and voluminous
> ink tanks (69 ccm black, 28 ccm CMY color each, Mylar bag, cottonless,
> easily refillable). It is a HP PhotoretIII printer, solidly build, with some
> kind of forced pump continous ink supply system build in, but I have no
> experience with color printouts from this machine!

The BIJ 1100d is designed for a heavy usage business graphics environment. As
a photo printer it might be tolerable but will not be optimum. It will print
photo's in 3 ink (CMY) mode with a droplet size comparable to the DeskJet 900
series printers or the more recent DeskJet's when running without the photo
cartridge. Compared to six ink printers the 1100d will have somewhat more
visible graininess, especially in light areas such as face tones or the sky.

Regards,
a b α HP
November 16, 2004 8:18:42 PM

"Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" <tkorsak@polbox.com> wrote in message
> It is reasonable decision to treat HP Business Inkjet 1100d as potential
> good buy photo printer? In reviews, this printer gets high points for
> printing economy, mainly as a result of separate printheads and voluminous
> ink tanks (69 ccm black, 28 ccm CMY color each, Mylar bag, cottonless,
> easily refillable). It is a HP PhotoretIII printer, solidly build, with
some
> kind of forced pump continous ink supply system build in, but I have no
> experience with color printouts from this machine! How it compares to
Epson
> R200/R300 or Canon iP4000, nearest contestants?
> Thanks for reply!
> Tadeusz

I've been using mine as a photo printer as well as a heavy duty printer. The
photos look perfectly fine to me, but you might see some problems with it.
Watch out though, HP puts out the same type of software as what people are
claiming Lexmark to do.
!