after domain upgrade we can not connect in Admin mode

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Last week we upgraded our Domain from NT 4.0 to Windows 2003. And since we
did, just about all our workstations (2000 & XP) can not connect to any of
our 2003 and 2000 servers in Administration mode. As soon as you hit connect
using XP's RDP client it comes back with; "no Terminal Server License
Servers available to provide a license." In 2003 TS do you have to run a TS
license server for Admin mode?

thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

No, not for Remote Desktop for Administration mode.

But if you install Terminal Services on a Windows 2003 server, it
implies "Application Server" mode, which requires a TS Licensing
Server and TS CALs.

What you have to do is to completely uninstall Terminal Services and
then enable Remote Desktop for Administration, in Control Panel -
System - Remote (just like you do on XP).

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"exress" <yachslav@hotmail.com> wrote on 09 apr 2005 in