NT Domain, TS Server 2003 Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong group just looking for a little
help if anyone can offer it.

I run a small network, our domain is currently running on Windows NT Domain,
well as you know how management does things they have brought in a new
system for billing and inventory. This new system runs under Windows 2003
Server. Since we are still under Windows NT as a Domain I had to make the
Server a part of the NT domain.

Well Terminal Server is installed on this 2003 Server computer but when
anyone is logged into the Domain under NT as they normally are, then if they
try to log into the Terminal Server it says " You can't login interactivly"
I'm having the hardest time with this because it is under this Windows NT
domain, and I don't want to move to 2003 yet, because I am currently
planning this and trying to set up the system for the future.

So the problem for now exsist if they log in on there computer to the NT
domain, then try and login to the Terminal Server (User Mode) they get the
error you can't login interactivly. The only solution I saw was if I make
someone an Administrator the system will then let them login, but that
creates a problem if everyone has Administrator access.

Any help is apprectiated.

Thanks

On the email name remove the _ and anything after it before you email me
back.

Thanks again.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Are the Domain Users members of the local built-in group "Remote
Desktop Users" on the 2003 TS?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"JayMoney" <jaymoney_remve@gmail.com> wrote on 17 apr 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> Excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong group just looking
> for a little help if anyone can offer it.
>
> I run a small network, our domain is currently running on
> Windows NT Domain, well as you know how management does things
> they have brought in a new system for billing and inventory.
> This new system runs under Windows 2003 Server. Since we are
> still under Windows NT as a Domain I had to make the Server a
> part of the NT domain.
>
> Well Terminal Server is installed on this 2003 Server computer
> but when anyone is logged into the Domain under NT as they
> normally are, then if they try to log into the Terminal Server
> it says " You can't login interactivly" I'm having the hardest
> time with this because it is under this Windows NT domain, and I
> don't want to move to 2003 yet, because I am currently planning
> this and trying to set up the system for the future.
>
> So the problem for now exsist if they log in on there computer
> to the NT domain, then try and login to the Terminal Server
> (User Mode) they get the error you can't login interactivly.
> The only solution I saw was if I make someone an Administrator
> the system will then let them login, but that creates a problem
> if everyone has Administrator access.
>
> Any help is apprectiated.
>
> Thanks
>
> On the email name remove the _ and anything after it before you
> email me back.
>
> Thanks again.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Just to let you all know I was able to fix this problem after thinking about
it.

I had to go back to the server and check the RDP settings and add everyone
to the list.

Thanks for the support.