Canon i950 Printhead Alignment not working

Title pretty much says it all. Have a i950 that the software for print head
alignment does not work. Tried changing alignment a lot (7-8 units) and no
avail. Only needs to be tweaked 1 unit but won't change at all...Any
suggestions
Thanks
David
3 answers Last reply
More about canon i950 printhead alignment working

    David Gerard wrote:

    >Title pretty much says it all. Have a i950 that the software for print head
    >alignment does not work. Tried changing alignment a lot (7-8 units) and no
    >avail. Only needs to be tweaked 1 unit but won't change at all...Any
    >suggestions

    Obvious question, but...have you tried un-installing and then
    re-installing the printer drivers?

    "David Gerard" <nospamdavid@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Title pretty much says it all. Have a i950 that the software for print
    > head alignment does not work. Tried changing alignment a lot (7-8 units)
    > and no avail. Only needs to be tweaked 1 unit but won't change at
    > all...Any suggestions

    When you say it is not working, what exactly is the issue?
    I ask because the alignment seems to be one of the most misunderstood
    procedures.

    Yes, I downloaded and installed a new driver first. I was getting some
    banding in my prints that I never had before so tried to re-align. Was
    reading the sheet wrong and assumed the changes I was making would appear on
    the alignment test. Not so, they show up on the print head check. My dumb
    mistake. BTW the banding was caused by setting the paper tp Pro Glossy Paper
    instead of "regular" photo glossy paper...
    Many Thanks for your responses...I just love these newsgroups, it seems now
    they are the only way to get tech support...Gracias, David

    "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

    > "David Gerard" <nospamdavid@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Title pretty much says it all. Have a i950 that the software for print
    >> head alignment does not work. Tried changing alignment a lot (7-8 units)
    >> and no avail. Only needs to be tweaked 1 unit but won't change at
    >> all...Any suggestions
    >
    > When you say it is not working, what exactly is the issue?
    > I ask because the alignment seems to be one of the most misunderstood
    > procedures.

Printers Canon Software Peripherals