Sign in with
Your question

Need some information and possible suggestions

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 18, 2006 4:59:23 PM

My brother has a machine that is giving him various and sundry errors that force a restart. These error originally seemed to be caused by sound and high graphics output at the same time.

However, I recently reloaded Windows XP, and added all new drivers and all the goods. When I did this the issue still provailed. Giving this information we turned off the sound card, and the issues continued to exist, it also randomly reboots while using Word and other non-graphical / sound intense programs.

Based on the information given, does anyone have a suggestion how to fix the issue, the motherboard type and rev are listed below with CPU and RAM specs.

If no one has a good idea on how to resolve the issue, I would like to have a set of suggestions on a replacement motherboard for the one listed below, I would like to reuse all other hardware in the machine. It currently has an AGP 5700 nvidia.

Thanks all, you always provide solid responses and help.

Motherboard: Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0 Motherboard
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2800+
RAM: 512MB DDR PC3200

Ryan Carman
Network Analyst
Kyoudai Games

More about : information suggestions

January 18, 2006 8:26:53 PM

probably that restarting issue is cause by hardware overheating, I guess so. If you plan to replace your Mobo here are the best deals:
MSI K7N2
DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra
Gigabyte GA-7NNXP
Chaintech 7NJL6
EPOX EP-8RDA 3+PRO

choose the one that best fits your budget.
January 19, 2006 7:21:22 AM

I think you could try to change another power supply.
January 19, 2006 10:45:19 AM

Your RAM, motherboard or PSU maybe defective.

Download memtest86 burn onto CD-R, boot from it and let it run for a few hours.

http://memtest86.com/memtest86-3.2.iso.zip about 2MB

You might also want to try prime95.

Good luck
!