Users get disconnected after 10-15 minutes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I have 5 users in terminal services and about every 10 to 15 minutes they are
getting disconnected. I have changed the session time out settings and it
makes no difference.
I have looked high and low and had no success.

can anyone help
3 answers Last reply
More about users disconnected minutes
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Update -- no group policies are configured for the users at all

    I havin the same issue as this post -

    Subject: constant password prompt after idle 5/11/2005 8:47 AM PST

    there were 13 posts to this topic but no confirmation of resolution

    can anyone help

    "Mike" wrote:

    > I have 5 users in terminal services and about every 10 to 15 minutes they are
    > getting disconnected. I have changed the session time out settings and it
    > makes no difference.
    > I have looked high and low and had no success.
    >
    > can anyone help
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Does this happen when users are idle, or while they are actively
    working?
    If it happens during activity, you have a network problem.
    If it happens after a certain amount of idle time, you could have a
    router between your clients and your server, which sees no traffic
    and decides that the session must have ended and throws it out.

    The solution in that case is to enable KeepAlives. For the correct
    registry key, check:

    216783 - Unable to Completely Disconnect a Terminal Server
    Connection
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216783

    Also check this link:
    http://terminal.servebeer.com/php/flaky_connections.php

    Vera Noest
    TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
    27 jul 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

    > Update -- no group policies are configured for the users at all
    >
    > I havin the same issue as this post -
    >
    > Subject: constant password prompt after idle 5/11/2005 8:47 AM
    > PST
    >
    > there were 13 posts to this topic but no confirmation of
    > resolution
    >
    > can anyone help
    >
    > "Mike" wrote:
    >
    >> I have 5 users in terminal services and about every 10 to 15
    >> minutes they are getting disconnected. I have changed the
    >> session time out settings and it makes no difference.
    >> I have looked high and low and had no success.
    >>
    >> can anyone help
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Thanks I did go into the group policies and changed the screen saver settings
    from not configured to disabled

    I have on remaining issue in that it will disconnect if you minimize the
    session but it will bring up an Icon warning of impending disconnect. but if
    you click on it it will reactivate and not log you out. I will look at the
    keepalives and see if that works

    thanks again and if I have further issues I will repost
    --
    Michael

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

    > Does this happen when users are idle, or while they are actively
    > working?
    > If it happens during activity, you have a network problem.
    > If it happens after a certain amount of idle time, you could have a
    > router between your clients and your server, which sees no traffic
    > and decides that the session must have ended and throws it out.
    >
    > The solution in that case is to enable KeepAlives. For the correct
    > registry key, check:
    >
    > 216783 - Unable to Completely Disconnect a Terminal Server
    > Connection
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216783
    >
    > Also check this link:
    > http://terminal.servebeer.com/php/flaky_connections.php

    > Vera Noest
    > TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
    > ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___
    >
    > "=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
    > 27 jul 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:
    >
    > > Update -- no group policies are configured for the users at all
    > >
    > > I havin the same issue as this post -
    > >
    > > Subject: constant password prompt after idle 5/11/2005 8:47 AM
    > > PST
    > >
    > > there were 13 posts to this topic but no confirmation of
    > > resolution
    > >
    > > can anyone help
    > >
    > > "Mike" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have 5 users in terminal services and about every 10 to 15
    > >> minutes they are getting disconnected. I have changed the
    > >> session time out settings and it makes no difference.
    > >> I have looked high and low and had no success.
    > >>
    > >> can anyone help

Connectivity Connection Microsoft Windows