Slow disconnects from W2k3 Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Installed the app server today to run ONE application (Axapta client).
Connects fine and goes directly into application, per my configuration.

However, unlike 2000TS once you exit the application, "blue screen" (not
BSOD) hangs on for 1 min, then disconnects.

Anyway to make this disconnection IMMEDIATE after existing app?
--
Thank you,

Cymetry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Check if this helps:

828326 - It takes longer than you expect to log off from a Terminal
Services session in Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828326

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"=?Utf-8?B?Q3ltZXRyeQ==?=" <Cymetry@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 01 aug 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> Installed the app server today to run ONE application (Axapta
> client). Connects fine and goes directly into application, per
> my configuration.
>
> However, unlike 2000TS once you exit the application, "blue
> screen" (not BSOD) hangs on for 1 min, then disconnects.
>
> Anyway to make this disconnection IMMEDIATE after existing app?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Thanks, Vera, but this hotfix will not install because it says a newer
version is already installed, or something very similar. This server is
already running SP1 and apparently, supercedes the hotfix.

Anything else I can try?

--
Thank you,

Cymetry

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Check if this helps:
>
> 828326 - It takes longer than you expect to log off from a Terminal
> Services session in Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828326

> Vera Noest
> TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
> ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?Q3ltZXRyeQ==?=" <Cymetry@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote on 01 aug 2005 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:
>
> > Installed the app server today to run ONE application (Axapta
> > client). Connects fine and goes directly into application, per
> > my configuration.
> >
> > However, unlike 2000TS once you exit the application, "blue
> > screen" (not BSOD) hangs on for 1 min, then disconnects.
> >
> > Anyway to make this disconnection IMMEDIATE after existing app?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Is there anything in the EventLog, especially warnings about profile
unload errors?
Also check in Task Manager which process is still running in the
session when the user quits the application. As an example: I have an
application which internally fires up Acrobat Reader, but doesn't
close Acrobat when the application quits. It takes 5 minutes for
Acrobat to close itself and end the session.
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"=?Utf-8?B?Q3ltZXRyeQ==?=" <Cymetry@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 04 aug 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> Thanks, Vera, but this hotfix will not install because it says a
> newer version is already installed, or something very similar.
> This server is already running SP1 and apparently, supercedes
> the hotfix.
>
> Anything else I can try?

TRENDING THREADS