TS Server Client printer ports

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Hi Guys,

I have a windows 2003 server that is accessed by a user from there home
where they have a Hp Laserjet printer. Print redirection works fine from all
windoes apps. The problem i have is they have a legacy type application that
requires printers too be setup in the legacy application. Basicly you just
add the windows printers in the legacy application and setup permisions. The
main isssue is when you add a printer to this legacy application it
remembers the printer port. This TSXX port changes everytime the user loggs
on from there house so i always have to re add the printer.

Is there anyway to install a printer that is conected to a terminal services
client so the Printer port does not keep changing? Thanks.

Jac

Distinguished
May 9, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Vincent ,
Look at : microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.application

subject : Terminal server Session changes

cheers
Jac

"Vincent Vandervaere" <vincentv@onsiteDexDpeDrtDsD.com.removecapsD> schreef
in bericht news:uEGgicWmFHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...