TS no longer accepts connections

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

We have problem with few Win2003 servers running TS in
administration mode (or actually just Remote Desktop
with max 2 connections + console connection).

Everything goes fine for weeks or even months but then
they just stop accepting new connections, boot always
helps. There seem to be no hanging connections nor any
other obvious reason, all settings are ok. I can telnet
to 3389 but when I try to connect with mstsc (with or
without console switch) it fails, also connection to
localhost on that server fails.

I always get the following error:

"The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer.
The most likely causes are:
1-remote connections might not be enabled
2-the max no. of connections was exceeded at the remote computer.
3-a network error occurred while establishing the connection."

None of those reasons seem to be relevant.

Any ideas (other than more frequent boots)?

Pekka

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Are you running SP1?

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

Pekka Lylykorpi <pekka.lylykorpi@removethis.uta.fi> wrote on 22
sep 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> We have problem with few Win2003 servers running TS in
> administration mode (or actually just Remote Desktop
> with max 2 connections + console connection).
>
> Everything goes fine for weeks or even months but then
> they just stop accepting new connections, boot always
> helps. There seem to be no hanging connections nor any
> other obvious reason, all settings are ok. I can telnet
> to 3389 but when I try to connect with mstsc (with or
> without console switch) it fails, also connection to
> localhost on that server fails.
>
> I always get the following error:
>
> "The client could not establish a connection to the remote
> computer. The most likely causes are:
> 1-remote connections might not be enabled
> 2-the max no. of connections was exceeded at the remote
> computer. 3-a network error occurred while establishing the
> connection."
>
> None of those reasons seem to be relevant.
>
> Any ideas (other than more frequent boots)?
>
> Pekka

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Vera Noest [MVP] <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote:
: Are you running SP1?

Yes

: Vera Noest