dual boot

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I'm trying to set up a dual boot with only win 2000. I
have two harddisks, master and slave, on the C drive two
partitions, on the first partition win 2000 is installed,
and four partitions on the D drive. I am trying to install
a second OS on the first partition of the D drive, but
untill now, without succes. All my partitions are FAT 32
formatted. I started the installation using win 2000 and
after restarting got the choice of on which partition I
would like to install it. Than it installs win 2000 and
reboots. I finally get a windows screen with Setup and
that I have to wait and finally nothing happens.
How to solve this?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

are you using a boot manager of any kind?

refer to article Q217210 on MS knowledgebase

if dual-booting Linux and W2K you have some homework to do -if dual
booting Win2K and other MS OS refer to above article and make sure you
install other OS first.

also I'd recommend partitioning both your drives into 2 partitions

ex.

drive 1 will have a windows 98 partition for the OS and a partition for
the Win2K OS

drive 2 will have 2 data partitions one Fat32 for win98 data (games,
apps) and one perhaps NTFS partition for Win2K data

Rick