Anyone tried Ultimate Terrain yet?

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

I am particularly interested as CYXX is home to me though I am agonising
over whether to get Justin's Genesis or just settle for the freeware by
Holger. Bit concerned re UT as I see already someone has had to issue a fix
at Avsim for the CYVR area.

Hi Canuck,

The marriage of FSG 38.2m Cordillera and Atlantic Canada terrain with F1
Ultimate Terrain is one made in heaven.

'nuff said!

:)

Justin
http://www.fsgenesis.net

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I am particularly interested as CYXX is home to me though I am agonising
>over whether to get Justin's Genesis or just settle for the freeware by
>Holger. Bit concerned re UT as I see already someone has had to issue a
>fix at Avsim for the CYVR area.

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Interesting! Here was me thinking they were mutually exclusive, thanks
Justin I hope to be investing in a Galaxy a/c soon.

"FSGenesis" <justinHATESSPAM@fsgenesis.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> Hi Canuck,
>
> The marriage of FSG 38.2m Cordillera and Atlantic Canada terrain with F1
> Ultimate Terrain is one made in heaven.
>
> 'nuff said!
>
> :)
>
> Justin
> http://www.fsgenesis.net
>
> "Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>I am particularly interested as CYXX is home to me though I am agonising
>>over whether to get Justin's Genesis or just settle for the freeware by
>>Holger. Bit concerned re UT as I see already someone has had to issue a
>>fix at Avsim for the CYVR area.

I was going to send a MO on Monday for this product. Being that it is V1
maybe I'll wait.

BTW If you want to start a string, I have a FS forum for Canadian FSers
here. http://www.ve5jl.com

Check it out. There is nothing there for FS yet but maybe you'll be the
first.

73's

Joe

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I am particularly interested as CYXX is home to me though I am agonising
> over whether to get Justin's Genesis or just settle for the freeware by
> Holger. Bit concerned re UT as I see already someone has had to issue a
fix
> at Avsim for the CYVR area.

Hi Canuck,

The confusion is understandable, but the "terrain" engine encompasses not
only the mesh, but also the roads, rivers, shorelines, coastlines,
railroads, utilities, and landclass--generally the terrain mesh AND anything
and everything that lies ON the terrain mesh.

So while the FSG Terrain mesh provides, well, the mesh, Ultimate Terrain
provides all those other things. While one can use the terrain mesh by
itself, and one can use Ultimate Terrain by itself, using both together
optimizes both in such a way that the whole is greater than the sum of their
parts.

> Interesting! Here was me thinking they were mutually exclusive, thanks
> Justin I hope to be investing in a Galaxy a/c soon.
>
> "FSGenesis" <justinHATESSPAM@fsgenesis.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
>> Hi Canuck,
>>
>> The marriage of FSG 38.2m Cordillera and Atlantic Canada terrain with F1
>> Ultimate Terrain is one made in heaven.
>>
>> 'nuff said!
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Justin
>> http://www.fsgenesis.net
>>
>> "Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>>I am particularly interested as CYXX is home to me though I am agonising
>>>over whether to get Justin's Genesis or just settle for the freeware by
>>>Holger. Bit concerned re UT as I see already someone has had to issue a
>>>fix at Avsim for the CYVR area.

.... there came a great "FSGenesis"
<justinHATESSPAM@fsgenesis.comNOSPAM> flying, and he bore tidings
beyond hope, crying:

>Hi Canuck,
>
>The marriage of FSG 38.2m Cordillera and Atlantic Canada terrain with F1
>Ultimate Terrain is one made in heaven.
>
>'nuff said!
>
>:)
>
>Justin
>http://www.fsgenesis.net

how would you compare the UT roads with the AmericanData roads? is
there a flatten option too?

thanks!

--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

.... there came a great "FSGenesis"
<justinHATESSPAM@fsgenesis.comNOSPAM> flying, and he bore tidings
beyond hope, crying:

>Hi Canuck,
>
>The confusion is understandable, but the "terrain" engine encompasses not
>only the mesh, but also the roads, rivers, shorelines, coastlines,
>railroads, utilities, and landclass--generally the terrain mesh AND anything
>and everything that lies ON the terrain mesh.
>
>So while the FSG Terrain mesh provides, well, the mesh, Ultimate Terrain
>provides all those other things. While one can use the terrain mesh by
>itself, and one can use Ultimate Terrain by itself, using both together
>optimizes both in such a way that the whole is greater than the sum of their
>parts.
>
>Justin
>http://www.fsgenesis.net

guess the UT guys figured that FSG mesh quality can't be surpassed and
hence didn't include mesh in their product! :)
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Hi Cole,

The major roads of UT are flattened. Country roads, dirt roads and such
don't.

AD and UT have similar roads where they share common coverage--in Alaska.
But since AD is free TIGER data (with the source data cost savings passed to
the customer), UT is made from more accurate and expensive commercial data.
But UT Canada has coverage throughout Canada, not just Alaska, and adds
shoreline, coastlines, lakes, rivers, etc., so a comparison of the two
products is like apples and oranges.

American Data Roads for Alaska and the US remains a low-cost roads
alternative. But UT Canada (with Alaska included) is more comprehensive,
more accurate--and, of course, more expensive.

Justin

"Cole Turner" <remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote in
message news:79r4519k4mdh5hs1hideg2sgflnqil351k@4ax.com...
> ... there came a great "FSGenesis"
> <justinHATESSPAM@fsgenesis.comNOSPAM> flying, and he bore tidings
> beyond hope, crying:
>
>>Hi Canuck,
>>
>>The marriage of FSG 38.2m Cordillera and Atlantic Canada terrain with F1
>>Ultimate Terrain is one made in heaven.
>>
>>'nuff said!
>>
>>:)
>>
>>Justin
>>http://www.fsgenesis.net
>

> how would you compare the UT roads with the AmericanData roads? is
> there a flatten option too?
>
> thanks!
>

> --
> "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
> (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Anyone knows when they will release the US?

thanks!