General question about using CD's

I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it might be as
it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg program file for
me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too slow. The
plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I would
transfer it to my computer later.
I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I need back up.
I'm having no problems with it right now.
What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and give that CD to
my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but when he went to
transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't transfer.
He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave that one to
me.
I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording program on his
computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but just copies
things right to them.
Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD disk I gave him
wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him a blank CDRW
without formatting it in Nero?
Thanks much,
Dudley

Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs use
the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your friends
machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc. You must
understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from each other.

Bobby

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it might be as
> it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
> Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg program file for
> me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too slow. The
> plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I would
> transfer it to my computer later.
> I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I need back up.
> I'm having no problems with it right now.
> What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and give that CD to
> my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
> He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but when he went to
> transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't transfer.
> He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave that one to
> me.
> I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording program on his
> computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but just copies
> things right to them.
> Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD disk I gave him
> wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him a blank CDRW
> without formatting it in Nero?
> Thanks much,
> Dudley

Just give him a $0.10 blank CD-R, save your RWs for your
machine.

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
message news:eRZtFTzhEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it
might be as
| it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
| Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg
program file for
| me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too
slow. The
| plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I
would
| transfer it to my computer later.
| I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I
need back up.
| I'm having no problems with it right now.
| What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and
give that CD to
| my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
| He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but
when he went to
| transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't
transfer.
| He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave
that one to
| me.
| I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording
program on his
| computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but
just copies
| things right to them.
| Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD
disk I gave him
| wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him
a blank CDRW
| without formatting it in Nero?
| Thanks much,
| Dudley

Thank you Jim. I figured it was that way but I didn't realize that if
you format in InCD you are stuck with just that program. Actually, I'm
just learning how things relate with the CD's, as I don't use them all
that much and am unfamiliar with the idiosyncrasies of the technology
and software required and how each relates to the other.
I had no idea you could use a blank disk without formatting it. I'm
learning bit by bit :)

> Just give him a $0.10 blank CD-R, save your RWs for your
> machine.

> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
> message news:eRZtFTzhEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> | I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it
> might be as
> | it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
> | Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg
> program file for
> | me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too
> slow. The
> | plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I
> would
> | transfer it to my computer later.
> | I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I
> need back up.
> | I'm having no problems with it right now.
> | What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and
> give that CD to
> | my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
> | He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but
> when he went to
> | transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't
> transfer.
> | He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave
> that one to
> | me.
> | I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording
> program on his
> | computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but
> just copies
> | things right to them.
> | Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD
> disk I gave him
> | wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him
> a blank CDRW
> | without formatting it in Nero?
> | Thanks much,
> | Dudley

Many thanks for this tidbit!
I understand now what was wrong. I use the CDRW's on my machine for
backup and naturally I need to format in INCD to do that. Since InCD
doesn't support CDR's, it never dawned on me that all I needed to give
my friend was a blank CDR. I've never even used a CDR :))
"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
> otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs
use
> the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your
friends
> machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc. You
must
> understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from each
other.

> Bobby
>
> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> >I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it might be
as
> > it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
> > Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg program file
for
> > me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too slow. The
> > plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I would
> > transfer it to my computer later.
> > I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I need back
up.
> > I'm having no problems with it right now.
> > What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and give that CD
> > my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
> > He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but when he
went to
> > transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't transfer.
> > He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave that one
> > me.
> > I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording program on
his
> > computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but just
copies
> > things right to them.
> > Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD disk I gave
him
> > wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him a blank
CDRW
> > without formatting it in Nero?
> > Thanks much,
> > Dudley

Hi Dudley. check out Alex Nichol's site for great info on burning CDs
http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.htm I have more links and information here
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/cdr_info.htm at this page on my site.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

> Many thanks for this tidbit!
> I understand now what was wrong. I use the CDRW's on my machine for
> backup and naturally I need to format in INCD to do that. Since InCD
> doesn't support CDR's, it never dawned on me that all I needed to give
> my friend was a blank CDR. I've never even used a CDR :))
> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
>> otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs
> use
>> the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your
> friends
>> machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc. You
> must
>> understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from each
> other.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> >I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it might be
> as
>> > it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
>> > Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg program file
> for
>> > me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too slow. The
>> > plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I would
>> > transfer it to my computer later.
>> > I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I need back
> up.
>> > I'm having no problems with it right now.
>> > What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and give that CD
>> > my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
>> > He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but when he
> went to
>> > transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't transfer.
>> > He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave that one
>> > me.
>> > I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording program on
> his
>> > computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but just
> copies
>> > things right to them.
>> > Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD disk I gave
> him
>> > wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him a blank
> CDRW
>> > without formatting it in Nero?
>> > Thanks much,
>> > Dudley

Much thanks Harry. I appreciate it very much. I'll check out everything
suggested.
Dudley

Here you go NoBadDog http://www.cdrfaq.org/

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

NoNoBadDog! wrote:

> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
> otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs use
> the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your friends
> machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc. You must
> understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from each other.
>
> Bobby

You might try and make sure you know what you're talking about before
posting. XP has no problem with CD-RWs--it will write them and erase
them. Unless the disc has been formatted for packet writing (with InCD,
for example), XP treats an RW the same as a CD-R.

Yes, I understand your point, but the OP said he formatted the disc with
InCD for packet writing. I posted an answer as to why the other computer
could not see a CD-RW formatted for InCD packet writing. Now back off....

Bobby

> Here you go NoBadDog http://www.cdrfaq.org/
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
>> otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs use
>> the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your
>> friends machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc.
>> You must understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from
>> each other.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>>>I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it might be as
>>> it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
>>> Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg program file for
>>> me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too slow. The
>>> plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I would
>>> transfer it to my computer later.
>>> I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I need back up.
>>> I'm having no problems with it right now.
>>> What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and give that CD to
>>> my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
>>> He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but when he went to
>>> transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't transfer.
>>> He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave that one to
>>> me.
>>> I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording program on his
>>> computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but just copies
>>> things right to them.
>>> Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD disk I gave him
>>> wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him a blank CDRW
>>> without formatting it in Nero?
>>> Thanks much,
>>> Dudley

I would recommend reading the entire thread before posting...

Bobby

> Here you go NoBadDog http://www.cdrfaq.org/
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
>> otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs use
>> the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your
>> friends machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc.
>> You must understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from
>> each other.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>>>I hope this question is ok for this group. I'm assuming it might be as
>>> it involves XP's default CD program and CD's.
>>> Yesterday, I asked a friend of mine to download a 50meg program file for
>>> me on his high speed connection because my dial up was too slow. The
>>> plan was for him to put the file on a CD for me and then I would
>>> transfer it to my computer later.
>>> I have Nero InCD installed and use that for my CDRW when I need back up.
>>> I'm having no problems with it right now.
>>> What I did was format a new blank TDK CDRW in InCD and give that CD to
>>> my friend to use after he downloaded the file.
>>> He explained to me today that the file downloaded ok but when he went to
>>> transfer it to the CD I had given him, it wouldn't transfer.
>>> He used a blank CD of his own to put the file on and gave that one to
>>> me.
>>> I think my friend just uses the supplied XP CD recording program on his
>>> computer. He tells me that he doesn't format his discs but just copies
>>> things right to them.
>>> Can someone please tell me why the formatted Nero InCD disk I gave him
>>> wouldn't work on his machine? Should I just have given him a blank CDRW
>>> without formatting it in Nero?
>>> Thanks much,
>>> Dudley

Well why would you gve him a CD that only InCD can write (so most computers can't write to) and that most computers can't read.

Only a fool would use InCD.

Yes, give him a blank one and 99% of the computers in the world can read it. And all XP computers with a RW drive can write to it.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
Well why would you gve him a CD that only InCD can write (so most
computers can't write to) and that most computers can't read.

Only a fool would use InCD.

Yes, give him a blank one and 99% of the computers in the world can read
it. And all XP computers with a RW drive can write to it.

Well....thank you for the last sentence anyway. That at least begins to
answer what I was asking. Not being an "idiot", I'll figure the rest of
it out myself.
Thank you so much for your courteous reply. :)
Dudley Henriques
Past President
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Director Special Projects
Combat Pilots Association of the United States
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
(and according to you, an idiot :)

All the best, and thank you again.
DH

Dudley Henriques wrote:

> "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Well why would you gve him a CD that only InCD can write (so most
> computers can't write to) and that most computers can't read.
>
> Only a fool would use InCD.
>
> Yes, give him a blank one and 99% of the computers in the world can read
> it. And all XP computers with a RW drive can write to it.
>
> Well....thank you for the last sentence anyway. That at least begins to
> answer what I was asking. Not being an "idiot", I'll figure the rest of
> it out myself.
> Thank you so much for your courteous reply. :)
> Dudley Henriques
> Past President
> International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
> Director Special Projects
> Combat Pilots Association of the United States
> Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
> (and according to you, an idiot :)
>
> All the best, and thank you again.
> DH

While Mr. Candy's general demeanor does indeed leave something to be
desired, I can't understand why you think the fact that you fly
airplanes has any bearing on whether or not you are, in general, an
idiot (and I'm not saying that you are, mind you). After all, the
Commander-in-Chief is an idiot. And his father flew airplanes (and still
jumps out of them) and *he's* an idiot.

"Herb Fritatta" <Herb@dontspam.com> wrote in message
> Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
> > "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Well why would you gve him a CD that only InCD can write (so most
> > computers can't write to) and that most computers can't read.
> >
> > Only a fool would use InCD.
> >
> > Yes, give him a blank one and 99% of the computers in the world can
read
> > it. And all XP computers with a RW drive can write to it.
> >
> > Well....thank you for the last sentence anyway. That at least begins
> > answer what I was asking. Not being an "idiot", I'll figure the rest
of
> > it out myself.
> > Thank you so much for your courteous reply. :)
> > Dudley Henriques
> > Past President
> > International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
> > Director Special Projects
> > Combat Pilots Association of the United States
> > Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
> > (and according to you, an idiot :)
> >
> > All the best, and thank you again.
> > DH
> >

> While Mr. Candy's general demeanor does indeed leave something to be
> desired, I can't understand why you think the fact that you fly
> airplanes has any bearing on whether or not you are, in general, an
> idiot (and I'm not saying that you are, mind you). After all, the
> Commander-in-Chief is an idiot. And his father flew airplanes (and
still
> jumps out of them) and *he's* an idiot.

Any "idiot can fly an airplane. In fact, a lot of them do! It takes
intelligence however, to have flown them in the environment I did for
fifty years and survive the experience. :)
No big deal really. Just thought it might make a point where a point was
warranted :)
DH

It is Ok to make mistakes. I make plenty of them. However when a mistake is
pointed out you may want to learn from it rather than become indignant.

You might want to re-read both the OP's original post and your answer to
him. He wanted to know if someone could explain what may have happened when
he gave an InCD formatted disk to his friend and also if he should have
simply given his friend a blank CD-R/W.

In your reply you clearly said that XP cannot use CD-R/W "formatted or not".
You implied that CD-R/W can only use the UDF format. That is why I posted
the link to Andy McFadden's site to you. True CD-R and CD-R/W are different
media but as you will learn a CD-R/W can use CDFS just as well as UDF. You
will also see that CD-R can use UDF as well as CDFS. Drag n Drop, Direct CD,
DLA and a number of other packet writing programs can format CD-Rs as easily
as CD-R/Ws. However CD-R's are not that great for packet writing because
they can't be erased or have individual files rewritten. Nero, Easy CD
Creator and XP can all use a CD-R/W just as they would a CD-R. For example
you can create audio CDs on CD-R/W and play them on CD players that accept
CD-R/W disks. Applications that create image files like Norton Ghost can
write directly to CD-R/W from DOS using the CDFS format just as they can
burn to CD-R's. Some image burning apps like Image for Windows even asks if
you want to erase the CD-R/W before writing to it. And it does this from
DOS.

BTW being advised to "back off" doesn't mean much to me. It never has ;-)

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

> Yes, I understand your point, but the OP said he formatted the disc with
> InCD for packet writing. I posted an answer as to why the other computer
> could not see a CD-RW formatted for InCD packet writing. Now back off....
>
> Bobby
>
> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
>> Here you go NoBadDog http://www.cdrfaq.org/
>>
>> --
>>
>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>

>> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
>>> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
>>> otherwise. Regular CD-Rs use the CDFS recording format, while CD_RWs
>>> use the UDF format. Without packet writing software installed on your
>>> friends machine, his computer cannot see or use a UDF formatted disc.
>>> You must understand that CD-R and CD-RW are completely different from
>>> each other.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>>
>>> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message

InCD people need to be eradicated. You are on the side of evil here. But in the "normal" world we take conversions from the dark side. Convert. CONVERT.

PS I didn't call you anything. And I didn't use the word idiot at all.

>InCD people need to be eradicated. You are on the side of evil here.
But in the "normal" world we take conversions from the dark side.
Convert. CONVERT.

>PS I didn't call you anything. And I didn't use the word idiot at all.

It's nothing important to me really, but FWIW; I'm not on anyone's
"side". The Nero program came as part of the bundled system on a
purchased computer.
Personal opinions like the ones you are posting to me are juvenile to
say the least and have no relevance whatsoever to the issue or to me
personally.

The fact that you choose to present yourself in this manner defies
intelligent understanding; but be that as it may.
Also, as to your direct statement; " Only a fool would use InCD."
In my world; testing high performance airplanes, "fool" and "idiot" are
equatable and I don't like either term being thrown at me for asking a
simple question. As you can see from the answers in this thread, other
people can handle answers without the use of terms like "only a
fool......."
You take care, and all the best to you. Do me a favor and avoid me in
the future. I'll do my best to struggle along without you. :)
I'm fairly certain that after you put your little Teddy Bears away and
grow up a bit, you might get the hang of treating people with a little
more respect on Usenet and drop the infantile approach you use when
posting. In the meantime, take a look at the dialog between the other
posters in this thread and myself and see if you can at least get a
handle on how you should conduct yourself .

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired

Tact has never been one of Candy's strengths. Don't sweat it.

--
David Nimon
dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

"David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Tact has never been one of Candy's strengths. Don't sweat it.

Well, just guessing mind you, but if his post below this one is any
indication, I'd say at this point he actually might not have many
strengths to worry about :))
Anyway, I'll just wish him well and let him pass in the night unnoticed
and forgotten.
All the best,
DH

Herb Fritatta wrote:
> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
>
>> Windows native CD burning support does not support CD-RW, formatted or
>> otherwise.

<Snip>

That's your statement, numbnuts, and it's absolutely wrong. You've
posted the same misguided bullshit before, and you've been corrected,
and you still keep posting. This has gone beyond just ignorance.

If you were a test train driver you would change the gauge every 100 meters and wonder why your train kept derailing, but you would also encourage others to design railways with different gauges too.

I'm a software test pilot, and you are unlicensed here. But you still think you know better. As you must have been incompetent (as you think you know better) I'm surprised you are still alive. I can see you arguing with the engineer, insisting that as diesel will work in your brothers Mack it will also work in the jet engine.

Herb Fritatta wrote:

> Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
>> "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Well why would you gve him a CD that only InCD can write (so most
>> computers can't write to) and that most computers can't read.
>>
>> Only a fool would use InCD.
>>
>> Yes, give him a blank one and 99% of the computers in the world can read
>> it. And all XP computers with a RW drive can write to it.
>>
>> Well....thank you for the last sentence anyway. That at least begins to
>> answer what I was asking. Not being an "idiot", I'll figure the rest of
>> it out myself.
>> Thank you so much for your courteous reply. :)
>> Dudley Henriques
>> Past President
>> International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
>> Director Special Projects
>> Combat Pilots Association of the United States
>> Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
>> (and according to you, an idiot :)
>>
>> All the best, and thank you again.
>> DH
>>

> While Mr. Candy's general demeanor does indeed leave something to be
> desired, I can't understand why you think the fact that you fly
> airplanes has any bearing on whether or not you are, in general, an
> idiot (and I'm not saying that you are, mind you). After all, the
> Commander-in-Chief is an idiot. And his father flew airplanes (and still
> jumps out of them) and *he's* an idiot.

I take strong objection to your describing these two Bushes as "idiots."
That is an insult to all idiots. An idiot, by definition, is an
ignorant person. Ignorant, of course, means lacking knowledge. I would
suggest that the Commander-in-Chief is a moron. By definition that
would be a person having a mental capacity of an 8 to 12 year old, and
being able to do routine work under supervision (Republicans thank God
every day for Carl Rove).

Dubya is my idea of the ideal sorority, er, fraternity president. He is
absolutely qualified for that job.

Since this is OT, my apologies to ACF. My sympathy to the "Bushies" for
having to support a person of such limited intectually capacity.

TedK wrote:

> Herb Fritatta wrote:
>
>> Dudley Henriques wrote:
>>
>>> "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Well why would you gve him a CD that only InCD can write (so most
>>> computers can't write to) and that most computers can't read.
>>>
>>> Only a fool would use InCD.
>>>
>>> Yes, give him a blank one and 99% of the computers in the world can read
>>> it. And all XP computers with a RW drive can write to it.
>>>
>>> Well....thank you for the last sentence anyway. That at least begins to
>>> answer what I was asking. Not being an "idiot", I'll figure the rest of
>>> it out myself.
>>> Thank you so much for your courteous reply. :)
>>> Dudley Henriques
>>> Past President
>>> International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
>>> Director Special Projects
>>> Combat Pilots Association of the United States
>>> Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
>>> (and according to you, an idiot :)
>>>
>>> All the best, and thank you again.
>>> DH
>>>

>> While Mr. Candy's general demeanor does indeed leave something to be
>> desired, I can't understand why you think the fact that you fly
>> airplanes has any bearing on whether or not you are, in general, an
>> idiot (and I'm not saying that you are, mind you). After all, the
>> Commander-in-Chief is an idiot. And his father flew airplanes (and
>> still jumps out of them) and *he's* an idiot.
>

> I take strong objection to your describing these two Bushes as "idiots."
> That is an insult to all idiots. An idiot, by definition, is an
> ignorant person. Ignorant, of course, means lacking knowledge. I would
> suggest that the Commander-in-Chief is a moron. By definition that
> would be a person having a mental capacity of an 8 to 12 year old, and
> being able to do routine work under supervision (Republicans thank God
> every day for Carl Rove).
>
> Dubya is my idea of the ideal sorority, er, fraternity president. He is
> absolutely qualified for that job.
>
> Since this is OT, my apologies to ACF. My sympathy to the "Bushies" for
> having to support a person of such limited intectually capacity.

Nor argument with "moron." But remember, there can be multiple causes
for ignorance.

Century Series fight pilot F-102
Masters Degree MBA

I kind of like the idea that the liberals and democrats are
fixated on the claim that W is stupid, ignorant, idiot or
moron, it means they will never understand why he beats them
at every turn.