Auditing Regsitry Changes on TS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I have installed an application on our 2003 Terminal server but whenever a
user tries to open it, they get the error

"Failed to update the registry, please use regedit32"

If I give the user admin rights the application works no problem. I wanted
to audit the registry on say user1 to see which keys they need full access
to.

I have therefore done the following :

1. AD - Domain group policy - Audit Policy - Object - Failure
2. On the TS2003 I have gone into the registry and enabled failed audit
checking on certain keys and subkeys
3. Got the user to run the application
4. Check the security tab in event viewer on the terminal server for errors

My problem is that I dont get anything in the event viewer :-(

anyone got any ideas
Thanks,
Glen.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Just an update. I just checked that when I make a change on the audit
policy on the DC (2000) it doesnt change it on the 2003 terminal server.
Its just greyed out :-(