2003 TS Problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I have a windows 2003 server on a w2k domain. The 2003 server is setup in
"remote admin" mode.

I can login from various clients and it shows the normal prompts, "Loading
personal settings", "applying personal settings", etc. but I am
automatically logged off. I never even get to interact with the desktop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Shon
2 answers Last reply
More about 2003 problem
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    Two possible causes come to mind:

    1) insufficient permissions on the root of the file system on the
    server.
    2) an NVIDIA driver on the server. Nvidia drivers 56.72 and 56.64
    both cause these problems. Nvidia 2.20 WDMs seems to work OK,
    though.

    --
    Vera Noest
    MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "sbarrier" <shon@bunchbraun.com> wrote in

    > I have a windows 2003 server on a w2k domain. The 2003 server is
    > setup in "remote admin" mode.
    >
    > I can login from various clients and it shows the normal
    > prompts, "Loading personal settings", "applying personal
    > settings", etc. but I am automatically logged off. I never even
    > get to interact with the desktop.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Shon
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    I had Nvidia 56.72 loaded on my win 2003 server running in terminal
    server mode, but loaded the drivers in TS mode, as the geo force 5200
    card was not recognized by windows when I installed the OS.

    I had been able to log in remotely using both a local administrator
    account and a domain account.

    Then I tried to do a remote install of sql 2000 server. I was then
    unable to log in (log in, then immediate log out)

    What I think happened is that because I rebooted the machine from
    within the TS session, the "click here when app finished box" was left
    on the console.

    After the reboot, I could not log on anymore.

    I called Microsoft, which were useless. 4.5 hours on the phone, many
    many reboots, removal of TS, reinstall of TS, new registry keys, old
    registry keys, and it is still not working.

    Any help would be appreciated. I will try the older Nv drivers
    tomorrow.

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message news:<Xns94F583F36AF65veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16>...
    > Two possible causes come to mind:
    >
    > 1) insufficient permissions on the root of the file system on the
    > server.
    > 2) an NVIDIA driver on the server. Nvidia drivers 56.72 and 56.64
    > both cause these problems. Nvidia 2.20 WDMs seems to work OK,
    > though.
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
    >
    > "sbarrier" <shon@bunchbraun.com> wrote in
    >
    > > I have a windows 2003 server on a w2k domain. The 2003 server is
    > > setup in "remote admin" mode.
    > >
    > > I can login from various clients and it shows the normal
    > > prompts, "Loading personal settings", "applying personal
    > > settings", etc. but I am automatically logged off. I never even
    > > get to interact with the desktop.
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Shon