TS 2003 licensing trouble

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I have TS 2003 licensing services installed. The licenses are configured and
installed.

I am getting still an error message in the "Servermanagement" screen that
licensing services are not installed.

I did a publicated registry patch, nothing changed.

Please help! The grace time is nearly over.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

You're best off if you call Microsoft and ask them to help you out. It
takes 2 25 char keys

"Eberhard Muecke" <E.Muecke@mw-soft.com> wrote in message
> I have TS 2003 licensing services installed. The licenses are configured
and
> installed.
>
> I am getting still an error message in the "Servermanagement" screen that
> licensing services are not installed.
>
> I did a publicated registry patch, nothing changed.
>
> Please help! The grace time is nearly over.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I can not ask Microsoft because they charge 300 bucks for an answer instead
of helping out with this BUG ... !
Even if we are Microsoft partner fpr 20 years now ... ;-) it is kind of
strange sometimes with them.

<TownDummy@nowhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> You're best off if you call Microsoft and ask them to help you out. It
> takes 2 25 char keys
>

> "Eberhard Muecke" <E.Muecke@mw-soft.com> wrote in message
> > I have TS 2003 licensing services installed. The licenses are configured
> and
> > installed.
> >
> > I am getting still an error message in the "Servermanagement" screen
that
> > licensing services are not installed.
> >
> > I did a publicated registry patch, nothing changed.
> >
> > Please help! The grace time is nearly over.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Is there anything in the EventLog on the LS or the TS?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Eberhard Muecke" <E.Muecke@mw-soft.com> wrote in message
> I have TS 2003 licensing services installed. The licenses are
> configured and installed.
>
> I am getting still an error message in the "Servermanagement"
> screen that licensing services are not installed.
>
> I did a publicated registry patch, nothing changed.
>
> Please help! The grace time is nearly over.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

No, nothing.

But if I look into TS licensing itself it shows that there are licenses
issued. That means for me that this statement of the server management tool
is simply a bug? The license server seems to be running fine... ?!

By the way: If I use Win 2k as TS clients, they do not need licenses, or?
They got grace licenses even after the trial period. Is this right, or was
it only concerning XP pro purchased before middle of 2003?

To TownDummy:
You are misunderstanding me. Surely I have purchased and installed TS
licenses and have got the registration keys for the TS server and for the TS
licenses. I simply mean that if you have trouble which such a new server
which has costs several thousand Euros with licenses Microsoft do not
hesitate to charge you 300 Euros if you have any question which can not be
solved in this way. There is no free phone support for such an expensive
product from Microsoft, that is, what I can not understand, even as a
Microsoft partner. And especially when we are speaking of bugs.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

ALL clients need a TS CAL when connecting to a 2003 TS!!!

There is NO exception to this rule, not even for XP Pro.
But you can apply for a free Transition TS CAL for every XP Pro
desktop license that you owned before 24 Apåril 2003. You will
then receive a TS CAL, which must be installed on the TS Licensing
Server.

Terminal Server CAL Transition Plan FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/tsca
ltransfaq.mspx