what do u think of this case

Nymous

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Well I've not used it myself so I can't speak to how well it cools but it doesn't look like something I'd pay $300 for.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
haha yea i really like the way it looks, if it weighed like 2 pounds id consider it :D but no thanks if its some giant steel case...

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
haha 300 dollar case and u like the 2 dollar fan filter :)... probably at there website, if u find what its called google it and see if they have it somewhere else for cheaper!

G

$300 for a case is nuts! Why don't you just spend $150 on a good Antec or Lian Li and us the other $150 to upgrade another component....

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
lol well i was convinced that i wasnt gonna buy it, but if i were to upgrade itd be to some crazy big case so i can watercool it

SR71

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2005
I've just completed a new build using the Silverstone Temjin TJ-03 Silver all-aluminum version of this case and I can tell you . . . it is

Spectacular! Finest case I have ever used. Finest case I have ever seen. With dual 80mm exhaust fans out the back, a 120mm intake fan in front and another 120mm venting out the top - this case keeps my overclocked AMD 4000+ Sandy w/ XP-90 super cool. Case under full load never breaks 40C.

While you might shell out $275 for it, it has all the small details perfected. Removable mobo tray slides I/O like it was machined. No sharp edges. Fan's included are Silverstones and whisper quiet. Off-sets for mobo are extra tall allowing for max. airflow and cooling. Front filtered 120mm intake fan blows over your drives for cooling. This case is HUGE - check it's dimensions. Future proof for E-ATX, BTX, watercooling, you name it. Designed with the enthusiast in mind. You'll never buy another case.

I bought it because I wanted something that would look great with my Bang & Olufsen audio equipment - Silverstone delivers!

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
well im not crazy enough for either of them :), just thought that the silver was a nice case and ive been eying it for a while :p

SciPunk

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I haven't seen or used this case.

Don't underestimate the front fan filter. It's not that a filter is so amazing, it's that you can get to it without crawling on the floor and pulling out all your hard drives and all that stuff.

But measure twice, I got a tall case that wouldn't fit in my pre-fab computer station that I bought at staples... just too tall by about an inch after I removed the retractbable stability feet too.

Also, this one claims to have room for six 3.5" hard drives. You could load up a large RAID system in it and be set for life... well for a while anyway.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
well i dont really ahve a problem with the desk as u do because if it didnt fit under i could move it beside my table... but as for the air filter my thermaltake tsunami has a front filter thats easy to get to :) open the front door and pull! veyr simple, thing gets mad dirty thoughi guess when i upgrade my case itll probably be another thermaltake because i like this one a lot and the price was in my range, 300 is too much for a case, no single part in my comp cost 300... 200 is still too much for me for a case :p, like i said in a diff post a cool lookin case is like rims on a car, they look good but provide no performance at all... i guess if im gonna spend 300 on a case its gonna be the UFO one from xoxide :)

AntiHax0r

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Hehe... For a case that big.. and this..
Please Note: The 420 Watt Raidmax Power Supply and 500 Watt Aspire UV Reactive Power Supplies will not fit into this case due to fittings and/or space limitations. Sorry for any inconveniences, you can choose from any of the power supplies below for this case, as they will all fit properly.

Makes me not want the case... but I prefer clear acrylic cases anyways...