W2K TS - Date Format

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hello,

How would you configure a Windows 2000 TS so that each user would show their
local date format automatically and correctly. I.e., European format vs. US
formats???

This would also extend to currency formats...

Thanks in advance,

George

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I haven't tested this myself, but you might try SetLocale.exe from
http://www.spectrodisplay.nl/frames.html

Its main use is to set the correct input locale and keyboard layout
for the language you specify, and with a bit of luck, the date and
currency formats follow the standards for each language.

Let us know if this works for you!

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"George" <george@theisgroup.net> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> How would you configure a Windows 2000 TS so that each user
> would show their local date format automatically and correctly.
> I.e., European format vs. US formats???
>
> This would also extend to currency formats...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi,

Close but that didn't do it...

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> I haven't tested this myself, but you might try SetLocale.exe from
> http://www.spectrodisplay.nl/frames.html
>
> Its main use is to set the correct input locale and keyboard layout
> for the language you specify, and with a bit of luck, the date and
> currency formats follow the standards for each language.
>
> Let us know if this works for you!
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "George" <george@theisgroup.net> wrote in
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > How would you configure a Windows 2000 TS so that each user
> > would show their local date format automatically and correctly.
> > I.e., European format vs. US formats???
> >
> > This would also extend to currency formats...
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hello,

Actually I should be more specific, sorry.

This program does modify the Default Keyboard but it does NOT modify the
Locale and it is the combination of the two that is needed for Keyboard /
Date / Time / Currency etc.

The must be a way for the TS to read a users "home Regional settings" and
match to them or a way to set them without the users having access to the
registry or to the control panel.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> I haven't tested this myself, but you might try SetLocale.exe from
> http://www.spectrodisplay.nl/frames.html
>
> Its main use is to set the correct input locale and keyboard layout
> for the language you specify, and with a bit of luck, the date and
> currency formats follow the standards for each language.
>
> Let us know if this works for you!
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "George" <george@theisgroup.net> wrote in
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > How would you configure a Windows 2000 TS so that each user
> > would show their local date format automatically and correctly.
> > I.e., European format vs. US formats???
> >
> > This would also extend to currency formats...
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > George

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Acutally, I am tryying to solve the same problem. When
our application runs on the Server, we want to display
the Client's Date and Time. I couldn't find a way to do
it.

So I tried to go another route, I wanted write a
function , using C++, that will convert the Server's
TimeZone to the Client's TimeZone. But, I couldn't find
an API that will allow me to get back the Client's
TimeZone info. Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

..