Repairing Master Boot Record

dgamache

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Recent update installed was Itunes with a google toolbar.

Started getting adware warnings and saw some kind of "adware/malware doctor" asking to update on the pc. When I went to deinstall it as I could see it in the programs list, all hell broke loose and now my machine doesn't boot.

I am on windows 7, it's a corporate machine. I think something bad happened any help?

I get no c prompt......only an x:\windows\systems32>

Go into the control panel and look for google toolbar and uninstall it... you don't need to install any tool bars from anybody. They all ad headaches for most people who do.

Try googling trend micro house calls. Download installer and run it. I prefer doing it in safe mode. Malwarebytes is a good app as is superantispyware. Whatever you're using for anti virus software just isn't cutting it. Microsoft's security essentials probably works better and it's free.

If you feel confident......... type msconfig into the search bar.... start/search........... open up start up and sevices and see what's running that shouldn't be and deselect ( remove check mark ) from box next to it. When done reboot. That'll keep stuff from starting. ( you can filter out microsoft stuff out by checking appropriate box at bottom..... services )

Stop putting stupid crap on your computer...... you just got your first lesson others will hurt you more.

Look in the firewall.......... control panel/firewall. see what's connected and put a stop to stuff not wanted or needed.ft stuff by checking appropriate box at bottom.... services )

If its a corporate machine leave it alone and contact them to fix it. They shouldnt even allow users to install/uninstall software..

Genny

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
If its a corporate machine leave it alone and contact them to fix it. They shouldnt even allow users to install/uninstall software..

+1

Call IT, that's what they do.

Unfortunately most companies do allow their corporate employees some degree of versatility to install applications. I deal with it daily. :heink: