Send images via Bluetooth

September 10, 2004 2:22:11 PM

Hi,

can anybody please tell me why there is no option to send images via
Bluetooth when you tap and hold over an image file? I would like to send
images to my phone so that I can send them to people but the only option is
to send via IR which takes some time. If there is a way of sending iamges
via Bluetooth please let me know.

P.S. I am not able to browse my PPC from my phone like I can browse my phone
from the PPC.

Thanks in advance
Gary.

P.S. While I am here I used a friends PPC the other day and I noticed that
there were 2 settings on the device for backlight brightness depending on
battery or mains power, my device (ipaq 4150 PPC2003) does not have this
option. Can anybody please tell me why and how I can get it?

More about : send images bluetooth

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 4:51:24 PM

"Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o LFLrexlEHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> can anybody please tell me why there is no option to send images via
> Bluetooth when you tap and hold over an image file? I would like to send
> images to my phone so that I can send them to people but the only option
> is
> to send via IR which takes some time. If there is a way of sending iamges
> via Bluetooth please let me know.
>
> P.S. I am not able to browse my PPC from my phone like I can browse my
> phone
> from the PPC.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Gary.
>
> P.S. While I am here I used a friends PPC the other day and I noticed that
> there were 2 settings on the device for backlight brightness depending on
> battery or mains power, my device (ipaq 4150 PPC2003) does not have this
> option. Can anybody please tell me why and how I can get it?

If you use the File Explorer tap and hold the file name. Then select Beam
File. It will look for Bluetooth devices around it. Then select the one to
receive the file.

The h4150 does not have multiple backlight options, it seems...

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
September 13, 2004 12:23:43 PM

HI,

Thanks for your response but doesn't beam file just relate to the Infrared?
If I do this there does not seem to be any bluetooth options.

Gary

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:o LFLrexlEHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > can anybody please tell me why there is no option to send images via
> > Bluetooth when you tap and hold over an image file? I would like to send
> > images to my phone so that I can send them to people but the only option
> > is
> > to send via IR which takes some time. If there is a way of sending
iamges
> > via Bluetooth please let me know.
> >
> > P.S. I am not able to browse my PPC from my phone like I can browse my
> > phone
> > from the PPC.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Gary.
> >
> > P.S. While I am here I used a friends PPC the other day and I noticed
that
> > there were 2 settings on the device for backlight brightness depending
on
> > battery or mains power, my device (ipaq 4150 PPC2003) does not have this
> > option. Can anybody please tell me why and how I can get it?
> >

> If you use the File Explorer tap and hold the file name. Then select Beam
> File. It will look for Bluetooth devices around it. Then select the one to
> receive the file.
>
> The h4150 does not have multiple backlight options, it seems...

> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

September 14, 2004 2:46:37 AM

Not only to IR, but it will also look for Bluetooth devices, if your
Bluetooth is on.

> HI,
>
> Thanks for your response but doesn't beam file just relate to the
> Infrared?
> If I do this there does not seem to be any bluetooth options.
>
> Gary
>
> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:o LFLrexlEHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > can anybody please tell me why there is no option to send images via
>> > Bluetooth when you tap and hold over an image file? I would like to
>> > send
>> > images to my phone so that I can send them to people but the only
>> > option
>> > is
>> > to send via IR which takes some time. If there is a way of sending
> iamges
>> > via Bluetooth please let me know.
>> >
>> > P.S. I am not able to browse my PPC from my phone like I can browse my
>> > phone
>> > from the PPC.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > Gary.
>> >
>> > P.S. While I am here I used a friends PPC the other day and I noticed
> that
>> > there were 2 settings on the device for backlight brightness depending
> on
>> > battery or mains power, my device (ipaq 4150 PPC2003) does not have
>> > this
>> > option. Can anybody please tell me why and how I can get it?
>> >

>> If you use the File Explorer tap and hold the file name. Then select Beam
>> File. It will look for Bluetooth devices around it. Then select the one
>> receive the file.
>>
>> The h4150 does not have multiple backlight options, it seems...
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
>> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

Anonymous
September 14, 2004 2:49:01 PM

Thanks again for your response but have you actually tried this?

I have turned on Bluetooth and selected a file by tapping and holding and
then selected beam file. The resulting screen is:-

mypic.jpg
-------------------------
To beam, select a device
-------------------------
Infrared Align ports
Searching

There is no reference to Bluetooth at all.

I have an HP 4150 with PPC2003

> Not only to IR, but it will also look for Bluetooth devices, if your
> Bluetooth is on.

> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
> they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
>

> "Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > HI,
> >
> > Thanks for your response but doesn't beam file just relate to the
> > Infrared?
> > If I do this there does not seem to be any bluetooth options.
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
message
> >> "Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> news:o LFLrexlEHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> > iamges

> > that
> > on
> >> >

> >> If you use the File Explorer tap and hold the file name. Then select
Beam
> >> File. It will look for Bluetooth devices around it. Then select the one
> >> receive the file.
> >>
> >> The h4150 does not have multiple backlight options, it seems...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> >> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> >> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> >> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> >> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 2:30:36 AM

Yes, I 've tried it before. It seems that WM2003 removed the functionality
on the iPAQ line :(

The Searching line will actually list each Bluetooth device in range, and
this still works with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack on the i-mate Pocket PC
(QTEK 2020 and XDA II).

"Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o 5i%23ZAkmEHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thanks again for your response but have you actually tried this?
>
> I have turned on Bluetooth and selected a file by tapping and holding and
> then selected beam file. The resulting screen is:-
>
> mypic.jpg
> -------------------------
> To beam, select a device
> -------------------------
> Infrared Align ports
> Searching
>

> There is no reference to Bluetooth at all.
>
> I have an HP 4150 with PPC2003
>
> Gary.
>

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> Not only to IR, but it will also look for Bluetooth devices, if your
>> Bluetooth is on.
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
>> Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
>> they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344
>>

>> "Gary Windsor" <gary_windsor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > HI,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your response but doesn't beam file just relate to the
>> > Infrared?
>> > If I do this there does not seem to be any bluetooth options.
>> >
>> > Gary
>> >
>> > "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
> message

>> > iamges

> my

>> > that
> depending
>> > on

> Beam

Anonymous
September 15, 2004 12:37:29 PM

Is there anyway that I can send files over Bluetooth with my device with the
file explorer then?

It seems odd that there is a tap and hold option on things like calendar
entries but nothing on files in the file explorer.

Thanks again.

Gary.

!