Terminal Client Only System

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Hi !

I'm looking for a way to replace explorer.exe with the TSE client.

I'd like to configure a few PC (Win2k.SP4) with the TSE logon screen and not
the "local windows" login screen

So that users won't even see their local desktop and that the client session
will be totally transparent for them.

Thank you for advance
--
Aurélien

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Aurélien,

A suggestion for the future :
Buy an AXEL terminal (<300 euros)
http://www.axel.fr
I've used them in the past. Cheap, reliable and easy to administer. Have a
look at the AXMenu features.

Voilà,
Marc

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Try not to laugh, but I still use progman.exe and change the
shell=explorer.exe to shell=progman.exe,

On 2003 WTS, progman.exe is changed, but you *can* copy progman.exe,
..hlp, and .cnt over from an xp system, then when you set up the client
you can have it run progman.exe, and you then have a system that
presents only those programs that you have set up in progman.exe. There
used to be "Restrictions" in the progman.ini file, but I dunno if that
still works in 2003.

try it on a test system first.