Backing up

I've got XP Home Edition. Any tips on the easiest way of backing up files and
settings to CD?--
Ken
1 answer Last reply
More about backing

    HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118

    1. Create a new folder on your Desktop and name it.
    2. Open XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard.
    3. Select "Old Computer"
    4. Select "Other" and Browse to the Desktop folder you created.
    5. The Wizard will create a file in the folder. The file is named
    "USMT2.UNC"
    6. Record the "USMT2.UNC" file to a CD.
    7. When you have installed XP and your programs, open the
    Files & Settings Transfer Wizard and select "New Computer".
    8. Select "I don't need the Wizard Disk......"
    9. Browse to your CD Drive and insert the CD containing the
    "USMT2.UNC" file.
    10. Your Files and Settings will begin installing on the new drive.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Ken" wrote:

    | I've got XP Home Edition. Any tips on the easiest way of backing up files and
    | settings to CD?--
    | Ken

Windows XP CD-Rom Microsoft