ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I've got XP Home Edition. Any tips on the easiest way of backing up files and
settings to CD?--
Ken

HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118

1. Create a new folder on your Desktop and name it.
2. Open XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard.
3. Select "Old Computer"
4. Select "Other" and Browse to the Desktop folder you created.
5. The Wizard will create a file in the folder. The file is named
"USMT2.UNC"
6. Record the "USMT2.UNC" file to a CD.
7. When you have installed XP and your programs, open the
Files & Settings Transfer Wizard and select "New Computer".
8. Select "I don't need the Wizard Disk......"
9. Browse to your CD Drive and insert the CD containing the
"USMT2.UNC" file.
10. Your Files and Settings will begin installing on the new drive.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!