where are the ASUS A8V-E's??

frost_fenix

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
does anyone know why there seems to be a shortage of the a8v-e deluxe mobos? the SE edition is everywhere but the deluxe is in short supply and where there is stock it is expensive. its not a chipset shortage on via's part cuz the SE uses the same chipset. im thinking its just a decline in the niche in the market but i was wondering if anyone has heard anything....

AngelDeath82

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
While the A8V-E Deluxe is a good motherboard, keep the following in mind: these boards DO NOT support X2's. The chipset does not support these processors. While I don't stick to just nVidia or just VIA (have a A7N8X-E Deluxe and an A7V880), I personally at this time would go with an nVidia based option if you ever want to go dual-core, or wait about 4 months, and the Socket M2 boards and chips should start to become available.

frost_fenix

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
"keep the following in mind: these boards DO NOT support X2's."

any idea if the new via chipset supports dual cores? the current model number ends in something like 850 or 880 and the new one ends in 900. if so any idea when we might see it around?

FeNiX

AngelDeath82

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
According to the site HotHardware.com, the K8T900 is going to support Dual-Core AMD processors. ETA for shipping though is at current an unknown, although there's been mention of the Southbridge chips not having proper driver support until possibly post-March 2006.

Most of the informational articles on the K8T900 are from mid-late November, albeit they were using reference motherboards.

Monkey_Chow

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I have the A8V Deluxe, and all I had to do to run my 4400 X2 is update my bios. I have had no problems running with the dual core. I would assume this board would be the same.