is there anything wrong with having the TS liscense server..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

is there some reason that I should run MS TS licensing server from some
other server in my domain rather than running it right on my TS server
itself?
I am getting errors during user login stating that their temp licenses are
about to time out, but it does not seem to be recognizing the retail
licenses that I have installed at all.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ther Richardson

Systems Administrator

VFW National Home for Children

trichardson@vfwnhc.orgNOSPAM

517-663-7971

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Depends on your OS.
W2K TS needs to have the TS Licensing Server running on a Domain
Controller, if you are in a W2K domain.
W2K TS in a NT 4.0 domain or a workgroup can run on the TS itself.
2003 TS Licensing Server can run on any member server, including
the TS itself.

You might have to hardcode the address of the LS into the registry
of the TS:

279561 - How to Override the License Server Discovery Process in
Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279561

239107 - Establishing Preferred Windows 2000 Terminal Services
License Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239107

Do you actually get an Event stating that the Licensing server
cannot be located? Or only one that says that it cannot issue a
client license?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT