EPSON C64...not genuine...stops?

I have replaced the genuine epson cartridges with compatables..i now
get red crosses on the ink levels and a message comes up saying i have
not got genuine epson catridges in the printer...how do i get it to
accept the compatables?..
I also tried putting the Epson cartridges back in..and i still get the
same result as above

Tonz

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Tony Barber" <tonybarber@cornwall-county.com> wrote in message
> I have replaced the genuine epson cartridges with compatables..i now
> get red crosses on the ink levels and a message comes up saying i have
> not got genuine epson catridges in the printer...how do i get it to
> accept the compatables?..
> I also tried putting the Epson cartridges back in..and i still get the
> same result as above
>
> Tonz
This endless loop can and does happen when the contacts are dirty or worse
still damaged. Look where the cartridge chip makes contact at the back of
the insert well. They are very brittle so cleaning them is a careful job. A
cotton bud and a little alcohol will remove all dirt or old ink traces.
Stroke down only. Also make sure the chip is ink and dirt free.
Tony
--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink