VPN Newbie basic help needed - connect from home office to..

OK, I am a total beginner with regard to VPN's.

Here is my problem:-

I would like to connect from home to my works network - to be able to
access files, network resources as if I am at the office.

My office Network is running Novell netware 5.1
My office is connected to the internet via a Cisco 1721.

My home is connected to the internet via Cable (Telewest) modem and a
Netgear Wirless router.

What hardware/ software (preferably software) - as I gather you can
use either? would you recommend or do I require? (ideally not costing
a fortune or in fact better still free!)

I am sure I can get hold of all configuration of the Cisco router as I
have the IP and passwords to telnet to the works router.

I can provide further info. Please, please, please help!!

Who knows I will probably then need help setting it up........

If no-one here can help, can you please point me in the right
direction!! I have scoured the internet for info - with no success.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about newbie basic needed connect home office

    > Here is my problem:-
    >
    > I would like to connect from home to my works network - to be able to
    > access files, network resources as if I am at the office.

    Do you want to have a VPN? In that case you need to first get details
    if the service is available at work. I am not sure that if Novell
    Netware itself has this feature.

    If not VPN, I think you can also connect using remote desktop or use
    Real VNC.

    VB

    > My office Network is running Novell netware 5.1
    > My office is connected to the internet via a Cisco 1721.
    >
    > My home is connected to the internet via Cable (Telewest) modem and a
    > Netgear Wirless router.
    >
    > What hardware/ software (preferably software) - as I gather you can
    > use either? would you recommend or do I require? (ideally not costing
    > a fortune or in fact better still free!)
    >
    > I am sure I can get hold of all configuration of the Cisco router as I
    > have the IP and passwords to telnet to the works router.
    >
    > I can provide further info. Please, please, please help!!
    >
    > Who knows I will probably then need help setting it up........
    >
    > If no-one here can help, can you please point me in the right
    > direction!! I have scoured the internet for info - with no success.
    >
    > Thanks.

VPN Connection Office Networking