I just installed Windows 7, which went fine. After the install however it keeps freezing right when the animation starts. I tried booting into safe mode & that also freezes but it managed to do it once & I got this when I tried to do the repair option.
Problem Even Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Sig 1: 61.7600.16385
Problem Sig 2: 61.7600.16385
Problem Sig 3: unknown
Problem Sig 4: 0
Problem Sig 5: AutoFailover
Problem Sig 6: 1
Problem Sig 7: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
After that failed repair attempt it successfully booted up & I performed Windows Update & used Advanced Systemcare Free. All seemed fine but now I'm having the same problem again. I'm at a loss. Help?
AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE
PNY Optima 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
2x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB - Raid0
I would but Windows 7 just will not boot up. I might get lucky again after trying dozen or so tries again. I tried to set the BIOS to have boot priority from the dvd drive so I could use the install disk but it keeps booting from the raid array. I was thinking of wiping out the raid array & installing on one disk?
(1) I put memtest86 on a usb flash drive & ran it. 1 Pass & 0 Errors.
(2) I set boot priority to boot from the W7 disk in the DVD drive, it freezes every time.
(3) I used pendrivelinux to put UBCD onto my usb flash drive. It booted but froze & wouldn't respond to any keyboard commands.
(4) Used UltraISO to put Western Digital's hdd diagnostic iso on usb. Wouldn't boot.
(5) Used UltraISO to put Seagate's hdd diagnostic iso on usb. Wouldn't boot.
(6) Created Ubuntu usb installer. It booted but then froze & wouldn't respond to any keyboard commands.
I'm thinking since my computer freezes from booting from flash drive iso's (except memtest86) & from booting from the dvd drive it's not a hdd problem. I'm thinking the motherboard I have is defective, which would suck because it's brand new. What do you think?