Help!!! File removed by uninstall - can someone post it fo..

Hello All,

I installed a plane, and a critical file seems to have gone with it. It is
Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\gps_export.DLL

Is it possible for you to post it for me to save me re-installing the whole
thimg again?

Jon
17 answers Last reply
More about help file removed uninstall post

    UNinstalled, that is :)

    "Jon Silk" <jon@silk.fsnet.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > UNinstalled, that is :)
    >
    > "Jon Silk" <jon@silk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hello All,
    >>
    >> I installed a plane, and a critical file seems to have gone with it. It
    >> is Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\gps_export.DLL
    >>
    >> Is it possible for you to post it for me to save me re-installing the
    >> whole thimg again?
    >>
    >> Jon

    No panic Jon! A quick search revealed it on FS2004 Disc 2 in MSGAME3.CAB in
    the module folder. You can drag-and-drop it directly into your \module
    folder... ;-)))
    --
    Oskar
    (retired captain)

    On it's way to you, John.
    John Slevin.

    On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 19:29:49 +0100, Jon Silk wrote:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > I installed a plane, and a critical file seems to have gone with it. It is
    > Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\gps_export.DLL
    >
    > Is it possible for you to post it for me to save me re-installing the whole
    > thimg again?

    Just extract the durn thing from your FS9 CD's! It's simple, it's painless
    and you won't have to wait! ;)

    Bill

    On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:10:43 +0200, Oskar Wagner wrote:

    > No panic Jon! A quick search revealed it on FS2004 Disc 2 in MSGAME3.CAB in
    > the module folder. You can drag-and-drop it directly into your \module
    > folder... ;-)))

    Is there anything you *don't* know?? :-))

    --

    Marcel
    (If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

    "Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    [snip]
    >Is there anything you *don't* know?? :-))
    > --
    >
    > Marcel
    > (If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

    Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of drawing
    FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of "Swiss-Lakes" with
    the help of SlartiBartFast......
    I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-))))))) (or
    maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)
    --

    Oskar Wagner wrote:

    > Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of drawing
    > FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of "Swiss-Lakes" with
    > the help of SlartiBartFast......
    > I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-))))))) (or
    > maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)

    I would love to see any scenery depicting accurate lakes in Switz. One
    of our 3 day trips was driving around Switzerland and stopping at all
    the lakes. She loves walking around lakes for some reason. :)
    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Oskar Wagner wrote:
    >>

    >> Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of
    >> drawing FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of
    >> "Swiss-Lakes" with the help of SlartiBartFast......
    >> I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-))))))) (or
    >> maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)
    >
    > I would love to see any scenery depicting accurate lakes in Switz. One of
    > our 3 day trips was driving around Switzerland and stopping at all the
    > lakes. She loves walking around lakes for some reason. :)
    > --
    >
    > boB
    >
    > U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Well if I really happen to be successful I will of course inform the gang
    here first :-))
    I too was completely fed up by misplaced lakes and oddly shaped coastlines
    with cliffs where no cliffs should be..... However as I have to place each
    individual lake accurately to where it belongs (and sometimes work around
    faulty mesh) it will take quite some time....lol
    Ohhh, I got plenty of that anyway.......
    --
    Oskar
    (retired captain)
    Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes...

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 01:06:35 +0200, "Oskar Wagner"
    <rengaw@swissonline.ch> brought the following to our attention:

    >Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of drawing
    >FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of "Swiss-Lakes"
    >with the help of SlartiBartFast......
    >I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-)))))))
    >(or maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)

    ....been waiting for a spot to post this one!!

    In the Alps and Germany post.. described a run past Swiss lakes at the
    base of the Alps.. then over Walen Lake.. and into Innsbruck. Taking
    lots of `snapshots' as usual. Here's a view of Walen Lak from 20000'.
    Always a pleasure to visit SwissLand. :)

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Walen.jpg (357k)

    The broadside cliffs (yellow arrows) are just out of view due to the
    look angle.. the edge that may NOT be correct is at Red Arrow. Default
    roadways are badly placed. The scene is with RT mesh and Bosshard
    (sp?) land class. Even so.. it's still a marvelous view!!

    -Gregory

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 01:06:35 +0200, Oskar Wagner wrote:

    > Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of drawing
    > FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of "Swiss-Lakes" with
    > the help of SlartiBartFast......
    > I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-))))))) (or
    > maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)

    SlartiBartFast? As in "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"?? :-)

    Well you've certainly got your work cut out for you.
    But I guess if someone gets fed up enough with the poor scenery in their
    home-area one could find a way, and the necessary amount of energy to do
    something about it. I'm surprised no one has cleaned it up already.
    Where do yo start with such a project?
    Can you really use actual geographical data to fix it?

    If I had the skill, and the time, I would clean up Amsterdam and make it
    look right. Not just the buildings and roads and such, but actually clean
    up the mesh. The first thing I would to is get rid of that ridiculous
    crevis behind the Rijksmuseum. It looks like a plane crashed there! :-)

    Good luck on that project.

    --

    Marcel
    (Chance favours the prepared mind.)

    > On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 01:06:35 +0200, Oskar Wagner wrote:
    >
    >> Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of
    >> drawing
    >> FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of "Swiss-Lakes"
    >> with
    >> the help of SlartiBartFast......
    >> I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-))))))) (or
    >> maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)
    >
    > SlartiBartFast? As in "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"?? :-)
    >
    > Well you've certainly got your work cut out for you.
    > But I guess if someone gets fed up enough with the poor scenery in their
    > home-area one could find a way, and the necessary amount of energy to do
    > something about it. I'm surprised no one has cleaned it up already.
    > Where do yo start with such a project?
    > Can you really use actual geographical data to fix it?
    >

    > If I had the skill, and the time, I would clean up Amsterdam and make it
    > look right. Not just the buildings and roads and such, but actually clean
    > up the mesh. The first thing I would to is get rid of that ridiculous
    > crevis behind the Rijksmuseum. It looks like a plane crashed there! :-)
    >
    > Good luck on that project.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Marcel
    > (Chance favours the prepared mind.)

    Yes, the name of the program is derived from "Hitchhikers Guide to the
    Galaxy" as the author states ;-)
    I actually use digital swiss geographical data on Lago's 38m mesh. But to be
    honest it sometimes needs manual adjustment as even the mesh is (of course)
    not always 100% accurate. Furthermore I'm just struggling to get "my" lakes
    flattened and as long as this part of the project is not working it's just a
    no-go. At the moment I defined a set of 72 lakes but this figure may be
    changed as the project moves on.... ;-)
    --

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 01:06:35 +0200, "Oskar Wagner"
    > <rengaw@swissonline.ch> brought the following to our attention:
    >>
    >>Ohh yesssssss! For the moment I would be happy to achieve my goal of
    >>drawing
    >>FLATTENED and ACCURATELY ELEVATED lakes on my project of "Swiss-Lakes"
    >>with the help of SlartiBartFast......
    >>I'm afraid there's still a lot that I don't know - yet..... :-)))))))
    >>(or maybe too much to learn....d**n, I'm getting old....)
    >

    > ...been waiting for a spot to post this one!!
    >
    > In the Alps and Germany post.. described a run past Swiss lakes at the
    > base of the Alps.. then over Walen Lake.. and into Innsbruck. Taking
    > lots of `snapshots' as usual. Here's a view of Walen Lak from 20000'.
    > Always a pleasure to visit SwissLand. :)
    >
    > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Walen.jpg (357k)
    >

    > The broadside cliffs (yellow arrows) are just out of view due to the
    > look angle.. the edge that may NOT be correct is at Red Arrow. Default
    > roadways are badly placed. The scene is with RT mesh and Bosshard
    > (sp?) land class. Even so.. it's still a marvelous view!!
    >

    > -Gregory

    Yeah, Lake Walen is one of the worst as it is nicely placed between quite
    steep mountains but definitely without cliffs!!! ;-) I still hope I can
    work around a few deficiencies and come up with a satisfying result.
    --

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 03:12:57 +0200, Oskar Wagner wrote:

    > I actually use digital swiss geographical data on Lago's 38m mesh. But to be
    > honest it sometimes needs manual adjustment as even the mesh is (of course)
    > not always 100% accurate. Furthermore I'm just struggling to get "my" lakes
    > flattened and as long as this part of the project is not working it's just a
    > no-go. At the moment I defined a set of 72 lakes but this figure may be
    > changed as the project moves on.... ;-)

    Ooooh....*never* start with such a high number! :-)

    I think you're a brave man, Cap. No way I'd ever try anything like that.
    I'll leave that to the wizards.

    --

    Marcel
    (Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

    Marcel Kuijper wrote:
    > I think you're a brave man, Cap. No way I'd ever try anything like
    > that. I'll leave that to the wizards.

    Speaking of brave wizards, where's the Wizard of Oz lately!! Did someone
    tell JayDub he could have ANOTHER holiday this year??

    "CRaSH"
    > Speaking of brave wizards, where's the Wizard of Oz lately!! Did someone
    > tell JayDub he could have ANOTHER holiday this year??

    Seems to be his pattern nowadayz... show up for a flurry of posts one day,
    and go underground for 2 weeks. Go figure.

    Vamp

    <rengaw@swissonline.ch> wrote:

    >Yes, the name of the program is derived from "Hitchhikers Guide to the
    >Galaxy" as the author states ;-)

    A bloke I know from uk.rec.cycling has named the several machines on
    his home network after Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy characters.

    James

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:36:51 -0500, CRaSH wrote:

    > Speaking of brave wizards, where's the Wizard of Oz lately!! Did someone
    > tell JayDub he could have ANOTHER holiday this year??

    He probably went walk-about again.....

    --

    Marcel
    (I'm leaving on a jetplane, I don't know when I'll be back again.)

Games Microsoft Video Games