Can ping but no web access

Hi,

I am stumped by this strange issue.

We are trying to setup a VPN for remote access using VPN 3005. Clients
connecting from outside the campus can bring up a tunnel. Since we are
doing split tunneling, they can access the Internet. Also, they can
access the campus webpage, library page and email server. All these
are in the same VLAN as the inside interface of the VPN concentrator.
However, servers that reside on other VLANs cannot be accessed. I
thought that addresses assigned by the concentrator might be getting
blocked by our inside router. So, I a defined an access list saying
allow everything from the clients address (did this only for one
VLAN). Now, I can ping a server in that VLAN but I still cannot access
webpages from there.

I find this very strange, why is TCP traffic getting blocked? Any
thoughts? Thanks for the help.

Vipul

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can this be a DNS issue?

BTW, I would disable split tunneling, it's a known security risk.