Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Auto-Play, Automatic CD-ROM play/open.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:02:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Anyone know how I turn the Auto CD Rom play feature of Windows on. Somehow
or another it has got turned off so when I put a CD in I have to manually
start or open it. Thanks for the help. Denzil.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:23:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Denzil,

There is a file here, that when copied to your system and executed, will
reset the autoplay defaults:
ftp://12.107.147.141/WinXP%20Autorun%20fix/

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message
news:LuJVc.12450$yh.3019@fed1read05...
> Anyone know how I turn the Auto CD Rom play feature of Windows on. Somehow
> or another it has got turned off so when I put a CD in I have to manually
> start or open it. Thanks for the help. Denzil.
>
>
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 12:15:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Denzil,

You can find the same file here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/AutoFix.exe

(will have to check why my ftp server isn't working)

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message
news:T4QVc.12696$yh.4465@fed1read05...
Thanks Rick. Trouble is the link times out with the message reproduced
below. Try it! Denzil
The page cannot be displayed

=========================

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:eOS#RL5hEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Denzil,
>
> There is a file here, that when copied to your system and executed, will
> reset the autoplay defaults:
> ftp://12.107.147.141/WinXP%20Autorun%20fix/
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:LuJVc.12450$yh.3019@fed1read05...
> > Anyone know how I turn the Auto CD Rom play feature of Windows on.
> > Somehow
> > or another it has got turned off so when I put a CD in I have to
> > manually
> > start or open it. Thanks for the help. Denzil.
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 12:53:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:15:32 -0400, Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

> Hi Denzil,
>
> You can find the same file here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/AutoFix.exe
>
> (will have to check why my ftp server isn't working)

Hiya, Rick.
FYI: Using SP2. With PASV enabled, I got the timed out message. Disabled
PASV in Internet Options> Advanced and had no problem viewing the folder
and downloading the file.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 3:28:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

This time the link not only opened promptly but Autofix.exe downloaded
instantly. When run it identified a Driver problem and repaired it
immediately. Autoplay now works on both my CD-Rom drives. Many thanks,
Denzil.


"Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
news:#cl#fq#hEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:15:32 -0400, Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
>
> > Hi Denzil,
> >
> > You can find the same file here:
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/AutoFix.exe
> >
> > (will have to check why my ftp server isn't working)
>
> Hiya, Rick.
> FYI: Using SP2. With PASV enabled, I got the timed out message. Disabled
> PASV in Internet Options> Advanced and had no problem viewing the folder
> and downloading the file.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 11:33:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Great, glad it helped.

Thanks Sharon, I forgot to mention that PASV had to be disabled.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message
news:JpUVc.14000$yh.3370@fed1read05...
> This time the link not only opened promptly but Autofix.exe downloaded
> instantly. When run it identified a Driver problem and repaired it
> immediately. Autoplay now works on both my CD-Rom drives. Many thanks,
> Denzil.
>
>
> "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> news:#cl#fq#hEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:15:32 -0400, Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Denzil,
>> >
>> > You can find the same file here:
>> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/AutoFix.exe
>> >
>> > (will have to check why my ftp server isn't working)
>>
>> Hiya, Rick.
>> FYI: Using SP2. With PASV enabled, I got the timed out message. Disabled
>> PASV in Internet Options> Advanced and had no problem viewing the folder
>> and downloading the file.
>>
>> --
>> Sharon F
>> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
>
>
!