start over.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
3 answers Last reply
More about experiences radeon catalyst drivers

    "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > How stable have the Catalyst 5.x series drivers been with FS2004?
    > I made the mistake of upgrading to the version of 4.12 that
    > requires .NET to be installed, and it has completely trashed my
    > driver installation. I cannot uninstall at this point and start
    > over, and I am in the process of buying a new computer so I can
    > start over.
    >
    > --
    > Will
    > Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

    Will

    You are probably being a bit hasty here.
    ..NET is only needed for the Control Center; there is an alternative download
    which installs a control panel instead.
    ..NET can be uninstalled and there is a utility on ATI's support website
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
    for removing all traces of ATI files.
    What system are you running; certainly I've never had any trouble installing
    ..NET though it is a bit tedious timewise.
    What is stupid about the driver install is that it doesn't tell you that you
    require .NET and lets you merrily proceed.
    Then of course on reboot you get a basic runtime error!

    Chris

    I am not being hasty. I invested easily six hours over three
    weeks in trying to correct this problem. I am running Windows
    2000.

    After I installed the 4.12 Catalyst version, the ATI
    *uninstaller* refused to work, claiming that no ATI product was
    installed.

    All attempts to install the 4.12 control panel version simply
    corrupt the system further.

    In any case, I went ahead and installed 5.3 control panel. So
    far so good. I'll test later to see if I can do a clean
    uninstall.

    --
    Will
    Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

    "Chris Curtis" <newsgroup@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    > > How stable have the Catalyst 5.x series drivers been with
    FS2004?
    > > I made the mistake of upgrading to the version of 4.12 that
    > > requires .NET to be installed, and it has completely trashed
    my
    > > driver installation. I cannot uninstall at this point and
    start
    > > over, and I am in the process of buying a new computer so I
    can
    > > start over.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Will
    > > Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
    > >

    > Will
    >
    > You are probably being a bit hasty here.
    > .NET is only needed for the Control Center; there is an
    alternative download
    > which installs a control panel instead.
    > .NET can be uninstalled and there is a utility on ATI's support
    website
    > https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
    > for removing all traces of ATI files.
    > What system are you running; certainly I've never had any
    trouble installing
    > .NET though it is a bit tedious timewise.
    > What is stupid about the driver install is that it doesn't tell
    you that you
    > require .NET and lets you merrily proceed.
    > Then of course on reboot you get a basic runtime error!
    >
    > Chris

    'Hasty' was a reference to the implication that you were buying a new
    computer to solve the problem!
    The ATI uninstall utility should achieve your next objective.

    Chris

    >I am not being hasty. I invested easily six hours over three
    > weeks in trying to correct this problem. I am running Windows
    > 2000.
    >
    > After I installed the 4.12 Catalyst version, the ATI
    > *uninstaller* refused to work, claiming that no ATI product was
    > installed.
    >
    > All attempts to install the 4.12 control panel version simply
    > corrupt the system further.
    >
    > In any case, I went ahead and installed 5.3 control panel. So
    > far so good. I'll test later to see if I can do a clean
    > uninstall.
    >
    > --
    > Will
    > Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
    >

    > "Chris Curtis" <newsgroup@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> "Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
    >> > How stable have the Catalyst 5.x series drivers been with
    > FS2004?
    >> > I made the mistake of upgrading to the version of 4.12 that
    >> > requires .NET to be installed, and it has completely trashed
    > my
    >> > driver installation. I cannot uninstall at this point and
    > start
    >> > over, and I am in the process of buying a new computer so I
    > can
    >> > start over.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Will
    >> > Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com
    >> >

    >> Will
    >>
    >> You are probably being a bit hasty here.
    >> .NET is only needed for the Control Center; there is an
    > alternative download
    >> which installs a control panel instead.
    >> .NET can be uninstalled and there is a utility on ATI's support
    > website
    >> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
    >> for removing all traces of ATI files.
    >> What system are you running; certainly I've never had any
    > trouble installing
    >> .NET though it is a bit tedious timewise.
    >> What is stupid about the driver install is that it doesn't tell
    > you that you
    >> require .NET and lets you merrily proceed.
    >> Then of course on reboot you get a basic runtime error!
    >>
    >> Chris

Drivers Catalyst Video Games