lost available memory ??

a b } Memory
September 10, 2004 8:04:31 PM

IPaq 5455, no major changes of anykind other than adding some mp3 to the
memory card and making a couple Nevo adjustments .. and suddenly i have
about 80% memory allocated to storage, and cant run almost any programs ?
any ideas ?

More about : lost memory

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 10, 2004 8:05:45 PM

forgot to mention, running PPC2003
64 MB main memory

"Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> IPaq 5455, no major changes of anykind other than adding some mp3 to the
> memory card and making a couple Nevo adjustments .. and suddenly i have
> about 80% memory allocated to storage, and cant run almost any programs ?
> any ideas ?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 10, 2004 11:35:20 PM

"Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> IPaq 5455, no major changes of anykind other than adding some mp3 to the
> memory card and making a couple Nevo adjustments .. and suddenly i have
> about 80% memory allocated to storage, and cant run almost any programs ?
> any ideas ?

Use File Explorer and look?
a b } Memory
September 11, 2004 12:01:13 AM

done that ... did the search for large files even...found a couple themes
that i cleared, but that wasnt much...and mp3 files are shown on memory
card, and were there prior to this event anyway

thanks though

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > IPaq 5455, no major changes of anykind other than adding some mp3 to the
> > memory card and making a couple Nevo adjustments .. and suddenly i have
> > about 80% memory allocated to storage, and cant run almost any programs
?
> > any ideas ?
> >

> Use File Explorer and look?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 11, 2004 12:01:14 AM

did you try the old "soft reset"
see if that clears up, could be alot of temp files. also clear IE history,
and check any email attachments you may have downloaded.

"Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:D Kn0d.13933$QJ3.4295@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
done that ... did the search for large files even...found a couple themes
that i cleared, but that wasnt much...and mp3 files are shown on memory
card, and were there prior to this event anyway

thanks though

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > IPaq 5455, no major changes of anykind other than adding some mp3 to the
> > memory card and making a couple Nevo adjustments .. and suddenly i have
> > about 80% memory allocated to storage, and cant run almost any programs
?
> > any ideas ?
> >

> Use File Explorer and look?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 11, 2004 1:57:02 AM

reset, yes ... didnt think about history or others..will check. anything
else would also be greatly appreciated

"KDE" <knott_me@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> did you try the old "soft reset"
> see if that clears up, could be alot of temp files. also clear IE
history,
> and check any email attachments you may have downloaded.
>

> "Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:D Kn0d.13933$QJ3.4295@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> done that ... did the search for large files even...found a couple themes
> that i cleared, but that wasnt much...and mp3 files are shown on memory
> card, and were there prior to this event anyway
>
> thanks though
>

> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Roger Conroy" <rjconroy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > > IPaq 5455, no major changes of anykind other than adding some mp3 to
the
> > > memory card and making a couple Nevo adjustments .. and suddenly i
have
> > > about 80% memory allocated to storage, and cant run almost any
programs
> ?
> > > any ideas ?
> > >

> > Use File Explorer and look?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 11, 2004 4:53:11 PM

And clear IE cache... Sometimes mine goes up to 20MB. I'm using Memmaid to
control this now: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2977

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

news:o qp0d.13955$QJ3.9@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

!