Did I kill my mobo and Processor?

Bubacus

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
Well I couldn't let well enough alone...

I am unsure if I killed my mobo and/or processor by tweaking my VCORE. I have a Asus K8V Deluxe with a 3700+ 754pin AMD 64 and here is what happened.

I tried raising the VCORE rating to 1.475 from 1.43 and I experienced a crash at boot up. I reset everything to Auto again. The computer booted twice and as windows was loading it crashed. My monitor went blank. Then I was not getting a post at all, my BIOS won't even load. But my keyboard, DVD drives, hard drives, ect started up.

So I tried the following: Pulled the Mobo battery and Cleared the CMOS, but no dice. I tried different ram and ram configurations, but no luck. Tired resetting the Videocard and tried a different monitor but I had no luck. Tried pulling the processor and starting to see if the Mobo would beep, no beep.

So I am not sure if it is now DOA or not. Any advice or recomendations would be appreciated.

pat

Expert
When you removed the battery, did you unplug the power from the wall to make sure that there is no power left in the system? And for how long you leave the battery out?

A minor .05 Vcore boost should NOT have done this.....! I've never heard of a MB or CPU giving up the ghost for such a minor voltage bump...

I guess it's possible the mb died at that particular moment, but the MB is the likely culprit.....(Tried slaving in another known-good PS?)

(Know anyone with a good socket 754 mobo that will alow you to test your cpu in it?)