Dumb Terminals

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

What would be the cheapest dumb terminals out there to use with Win2K/Win2K3
terminal server? I just want my kids to have access for web surfing, email
and Office applications. I'm looking at buying something cheap < $150.00 on
eBay but I need to know it's going to work with TS.

Thanks,

-brian
2 answers Last reply
More about dumb terminals
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

    Any "thin" client supporting RDP will do.

    "Brian D. McGrew" <brian@doubledimension.com> wrote in message
    > What would be the cheapest dumb terminals out there to use with
    Win2K/Win2K3
    > terminal server? I just want my kids to have access for web surfing,
    email
    > and Office applications. I'm looking at buying something cheap < $150.00
    on
    > eBay but I need to know it's going to work with TS.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -brian

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

    Brian D. McGrew wrote:
    > What would be the cheapest dumb terminals out there to use with Win2K/Win2K3
    > terminal server? I just want my kids to have access for web surfing, email
    > and Office applications. I'm looking at buying something cheap < $150.00 on
    > eBay but I need to know it's going to work with TS.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -brian

    Not really answering your question, but if have an old PC laying
    around, or know where to get one cheap you could buy Neoware's
    (www.neoware.com) ThinPC. Basically it's a PCI card that converts your
    old PC in to a Thin client workstation. Runs about a $100.00.

    Jim

Microsoft Terminal Server Windows