Dumb Terminals

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
October 9, 2004 9:00:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

What would be the cheapest dumb terminals out there to use with Win2K/Win2K3
terminal server? I just want my kids to have access for web surfing, email
and Office applications. I'm looking at buying something cheap < $150.00 on
eBay but I need to know it's going to work with TS.

Thanks,

-brian

More about : dumb terminals

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 2:50:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.user (More info?)

Any "thin" client supporting RDP will do.

"Brian D. McGrew" <brian@doubledimension.com> wrote in message
> What would be the cheapest dumb terminals out there to use with
Win2K/Win2K3
> terminal server? I just want my kids to have access for web surfing,
email
> and Office applications. I'm looking at buying something cheap < $150.00
on
> eBay but I need to know it's going to work with TS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -brian

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 8:48:18 PM

Brian D. McGrew wrote:
> What would be the cheapest dumb terminals out there to use with Win2K/Win2K3
> terminal server? I just want my kids to have access for web surfing, email
> and Office applications. I'm looking at buying something cheap < $150.00 on
> eBay but I need to know it's going to work with TS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -brian

Not really answering your question, but if have an old PC laying
around, or know where to get one cheap you could buy Neoware's
(www.neoware.com) ThinPC. Basically it's a PCI card that converts your
old PC in to a Thin client workstation. Runs about a $100.00.

Jim
!