Sign in with
Your question

monitor won't turn on

Last response: in Components
January 21, 2006 12:28:28 AM

i have a just build this pc. when i turn it on , the monitor light just turns on and then goes off after 5 sec. i can't see anything on the monitor.

i have a asus motherboard. x800 gto 256 video card pci-E. cpu: amd 64 3800+ x2. 1 gb of ram. i have tried my ram from another pc still no luck.monitor: svga "ergo 1280".and i have everything else good. all brand new. this montior works perfect with my other pc with 9250 video card.

More about : monitor turn

January 21, 2006 1:23:22 AM

Check external power cable on the x800 to see if you plugged it in.. if not try reseating the card....
January 21, 2006 1:28:46 AM

which external power cable on the video card? the fan on the video card is running. its seated perfect. i tried to seat it twice.
Related resources
January 21, 2006 2:13:15 AM

Newer cards like the Radeon X800 need an external power plug in order to work... some look like the 4pin floppy power connector and some are like the 4pin molex(HDD/CDROM) connector..
March 13, 2010 12:48:48 AM

I like yourself am having the same problem. My monitor wont turn on as well. I replaced my original ASUS mobo with an ASUS M4A78-EM and a brand new CPU AMD Phenom Quad-Core processor 9850, as well as a brand new video card as well. The video card is an EVEA 9800 GTX +. I still get the same problem. The monitor and the keyboard wont come on. I have no clue as to why. I have replaced everything and still the same result as before. One thing that I have noticed is that the CPU fan is running really fast and really loud. All fans never shut off. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem might be???? I need your help!!!!! I also have a new PSU as well. I have a LSP Ultra 650 watt.
!