HP1300 Toner life according to Toolbox?

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I fitted the 4000-copy long-life Q2613X cartridge some months ago, now the
Status thing is flashing up warnings and Toolbox is telling me, yes it's the
'X' one but I've only 9% life left, after 1894 copies on default print
density. Is the thing confused (the standard Q2613A cartridge has a claimed
2500-copy life) or is it possibly a HP mix and it's time to re-order?

Just how does the fuel gauge work?
--
address is a black hole. Change cpemma to cpm

Are you printing pages with heavy graphics? I have an X cartridge as well
and mine is 40 percent used after 900 pages. You can hold down the button
on the printer for about 5 seconds and it will print a 2-page status report
with toner usage.

Joe Hayes wrote:
> Are you printing pages with heavy graphics? I have an X cartridge as
> well and mine is 40 percent used after 900 pages. You can hold down
> the button on the printer for about 5 seconds and it will print a
> 2-page status report with toner usage.

"Normal" printing duties, only a modest fraction graphic. Your experience
cheers me somewhat, hopefully the Toolbox is buggy & life based on the
2500-copy 'A' cartridge.

Stats say I've printed 4456 pages in all, so 2481 with the initial 2500
cartridge, 1975 to date with the 4000 cartridge, now showing 7% left.