What are you doing for anti virus on your TS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I use CA's Inoculate IT on our networks, and so when I built the server I
threw the client on there as well, but when I was looking at it today I
noticed that the real-time monitor was running for each user and eating up
my performance in a big way. What products are the rest of you using and
how do you get the best performance out of it?

Ther Richardson
Systems Admin
VFW National Home for Children
trichardson@vfwnhc.org.nospam

Ther Richardson a écrit :
> I use CA's Inoculate IT on our networks, and so when I built the server I
> threw the client on there as well, but when I was looking at it today I
> noticed that the real-time monitor was running for each user and eating up
> my performance in a big way. What products are the rest of you using and
> how do you get the best performance out of it?
>
> Ther Richardson
> Systems Admin
> VFW National Home for Children
> trichardson@vfwnhc.org.nospam

Hi, i used Etrust and inoculate, the tips is to remove the entry called
realmon from hklm\soft\microsoft\windows\current version\run (use
search function from regedit for exact location...).
This tips is on CA web site...
But i let down Etrust for F Secure, to many problems with etrust and his
poor support (all they have to say is : uninstall and reinstall servers
an clients !)

Pat

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Sorry about the delayed response, I was out for a few days. Thanks for the
lead, I will look into it.

Ther

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:43:32 +0200, _Pat_ <pat@nospam.net> wrote:

>Ther Richardson a écrit :
>> I use CA's Inoculate IT on our networks, and so when I built the server I
>> threw the client on there as well, but when I was looking at it today I
>>

>Hi, i used Etrust and inoculate, the tips is to remove the entry called
>realmon from hklm\soft\microsoft\windows\current version\run (use
>search function from regedit for exact location...).
>This tips is on CA web site...
>But i let down Etrust for F Secure, to many problems with etrust and his
>poor support (all they have to say is : uninstall and reinstall servers
>an clients !)
>
>Pat

Hi,
In my network (client/server) I'm use Etrust Inoculate for 400 client
but now I'll implement Terminal Server for all client. I read that
Trend Micro AV is good in a TS enviroment. What you reccomend?

Marco

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I am currently working the bugs out of inoculateIT and am looking for the
best solution too.
<makak0@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:43:32 +0200, _Pat_ <pat@nospam.net> wrote:
>
> >Ther Richardson a écrit :
> >> I use CA's Inoculate IT on our networks, and so when I built the server
> >> threw the client on there as well, but when I was looking at it today I
> >>

> >Hi, i used Etrust and inoculate, the tips is to remove the entry called
> >realmon from hklm\soft\microsoft\windows\current version\run (use
> >search function from regedit for exact location...).
> >This tips is on CA web site...
> >But i let down Etrust for F Secure, to many problems with etrust and his
> >poor support (all they have to say is : uninstall and reinstall servers
> >an clients !)
> >
> >Pat
>
> Hi,
> In my network (client/server) I'm use Etrust Inoculate for 400 client
> but now I'll implement Terminal Server for all client. I read that
> Trend Micro AV is good in a TS enviroment. What you reccomend?
>
> Marco

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Using Trend Micro OfficeScan on all of our SBS/TS deployments - zero
problems. Highly recommended.

Nathan

"Ther Richardson" wrote:

> I use CA's Inoculate IT on our networks, and so when I built the server I
> threw the client on there as well, but when I was looking at it today I
> noticed that the real-time monitor was running for each user and eating up
> my performance in a big way. What products are the rest of you using and
> how do you get the best performance out of it?
>
> Ther Richardson
> Systems Admin
> VFW National Home for Children
> trichardson@vfwnhc.org.nospam

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Thanks