Why do I need licenses for TS when I use as an ADMIN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

For some time (siz months maybe) my admin TS worked, but recently expired
by default. with my Server 2003 server system

Is it not active for ADMIN always?? like it is with WINDOW 2003!

How can i re-activate withour have to buy ADMIN licenses??

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Did you install Terminal Services (in Control Panel - Add/Remove
programs - Add/Remove Windows Components)? If so, you actually
installed fullblown TS, which implies Terminal Services in
Application Server mode. This is a difference compared with W2K.
TS in Application mode always requires TS CALs.

If you only want TS in Remote Administration mode, then you have to
uninstall TS completely and enable Remote Desktop for Administration
in System - Properties - Remote, just like you do on XP.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Walt Smith" <walts@yahoo.com> wrote on 23 okt 2004 in