W2K TS Licensing Server and W2K3 TS Server

Robert

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

I Have a Windows 2000 Licensing Server and several Windows 2003
Terminalserver i cant add the 2003 TS Cal`s . Do i have to migrate the 2000
Licensing Server to 2003 ??? And how i must do this ???

Robert

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Yes, a 2003 Terminal Server needs to connect to a 2003 TS Licensing
Server. A W2K Licensing Server simply can't handle the new types of
TS CALs (Per User versus Per Device).

You have 2 choices:
* install a separate 2003 TS Licensing Server to hold your 2003 TS
CALs (this LS doesn't need to run on a Domain Controller anymore)
* install a 2003 TS Licensing Server and migrate your W2K TS CALs to
the 2003 LS. This means that you have to call the Clearinghouse to
get your W2K licenses re-issued.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
02 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

> I Have a Windows 2000 Licensing Server and several Windows 2003
> Terminalserver i cant add the 2003 TS Cal`s . Do i have to
> migrate the 2000 Licensing Server to 2003 ??? And how i must do
> this ???
>
> Robert

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

How do I contact the licensing house?

John

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Yes, a 2003 Terminal Server needs to connect to a 2003 TS Licensing
> Server. A W2K Licensing Server simply can't handle the new types of
> TS CALs (Per User versus Per Device).
>
> You have 2 choices:
> * install a separate 2003 TS Licensing Server to hold your 2003 TS
> CALs (this LS doesn't need to run on a Domain Controller anymore)
> * install a 2003 TS Licensing Server and migrate your W2K TS CALs to
> the 2003 LS. This means that you have to call the Clearinghouse to
> get your W2K licenses re-issued.
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
> 02 nov 2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:
>
>> I Have a Windows 2000 Licensing Server and several Windows 2003
>> Terminalserver i cant add the 2003 TS Cal`s . Do i have to
>> migrate the 2000 Licensing Server to 2003 ??? And how i must do
>> this ???
>>
>> Robert

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

291795 - HOW TO: Locate a Phone Number for the Microsoft
Clearinghouse
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291795

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server