Netgear FVS318 client-to-box... help?

I've been trying to avoid this through lots of reading and attempts at
self-education, but in the end I'm just another newbie lost in the woods.

I'm trying to connect a remote computer running the SafeNet Netgear Client
(version 10.1) to our office network, through a Netgear FVS318 (latest
firmware installed). The office network is a mix of WinXP and Win98, the
remote computer is running WinXP.

We're using the dyndns.org Dynamic DNS service to establish a connection.

We have established the VPN okay, but cannot see each other -- the remote
computer can't see our network, nor can we see him.

The VPN client on his computer shows him as connected, as does the VPN
monitor in the router utility.

He can ping the router, but none of the computers in the office. None of the
office computers can ping his current IP address either.

I've been surfing on a really rapid learning curve, but I just fell off the
board. Help?

Matt Shepherd
http://www.man-man.org
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear fvs318 client help

    could be firewall related. have you EVER had zonealarm installed? or maybe
    its the xp firewall. i encountered a problem with the same symptoms and it
    turned out to be a previous installation of zonealarm screwing me up. it
    wasnt installed at the time, but that didnt matter. it was enough that it
    had been installed and later uninstalled.

    "Matt Shepherd" <matthewshepherd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I've been trying to avoid this through lots of reading and attempts at
    > self-education, but in the end I'm just another newbie lost in the woods.
    >
    > I'm trying to connect a remote computer running the SafeNet Netgear Client
    > (version 10.1) to our office network, through a Netgear FVS318 (latest
    > firmware installed). The office network is a mix of WinXP and Win98, the
    > remote computer is running WinXP.
    >
    > We're using the dyndns.org Dynamic DNS service to establish a connection.
    >
    > We have established the VPN okay, but cannot see each other -- the remote
    > computer can't see our network, nor can we see him.
    >
    > The VPN client on his computer shows him as connected, as does the VPN
    > monitor in the router utility.
    >
    > He can ping the router, but none of the computers in the office. None of
    the
    > office computers can ping his current IP address either.
    >
    > I've been surfing on a really rapid learning curve, but I just fell off
    the
    > board. Help?
    >
    > Matt Shepherd
    > http://www.man-man.org