Terminal Services on Windows 2003 Domain Controller

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Dear All

I understand that it is not advisable to install TS on DC. Would like to
double confirm the following TS on DC behavior.
my configuration is TS on Windows 2003 DC

1) It is strange that I got the " You cannot logon to this session" error.
with either normal or administrators , they all failed to logon. and I tried
all the solutions suusgested in the MS knowledge base such as Q224395
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q247989, the error
still occurs. I wonder what could went wrong during the configuration.

2) If I uninstall the TS serivces, and use back the TS with administration
mode, it is working and I can use Remote Desktop connection to connect to
the server. After I install the TS again to put it in Application server
mode, the error happened again :-(

-Piyob
1 answer Last reply
More about terminal services windows 2003 domain controller
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

    You may be getting that error for many reasons. Assuming you already gave
    yourself the ability to log on locally, you might also want to check the
    permissions on the rdp-tcp connection in your terminal services
    configuration. You should also make sure you are part of the remote desktop
    user group. Lastly, make sure your user rights within active directory
    aren't overriding each other such that you allow permission on one policy yet
    override that permission elsewhere.

    -M

    "gakst4@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > Dear All
    >
    > I understand that it is not advisable to install TS on DC. Would like to
    > double confirm the following TS on DC behavior.
    > my configuration is TS on Windows 2003 DC
    >
    > 1) It is strange that I got the " You cannot logon to this session" error.
    > with either normal or administrators , they all failed to logon. and I tried
    > all the solutions suusgested in the MS knowledge base such as Q224395
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q247989, the error
    > still occurs. I wonder what could went wrong during the configuration.
    >
    > 2) If I uninstall the TS serivces, and use back the TS with administration
    > mode, it is working and I can use Remote Desktop connection to connect to
    > the server. After I install the TS again to put it in Application server
    > mode, the error happened again :-(
    >

    > -Piyob

Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller Windows