New Flight 1 Alaska-Canada Ultimate Scenery

I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
flying, this is the Scenery to get.

Bob
5 answers Last reply
More about flight alaska canada ultimate scenery

    On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:54:20 GMT, Bob Cordone <nospam@mindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
    >and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
    >problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
    >few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
    >railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
    >real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
    >matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
    >flying, this is the Scenery to get.
    >
    >Bob

    That should say " It's the most Frame Rate Friendly scenery that I
    have seen "!!!!!

    Bob

    Bob...you were specific in mentioning VFR. Have you tried it from a high
    altitude, say FL350? If so, did it make any difference? I enjoy flying the
    passenger jets, often use the 'spot' view to enjoy the scenery and would
    like an enhancement to Canadian and Alaskan environment. I rarely fly VFR.

    Arthur

    "Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:54:20 GMT, Bob Cordone <nospam@mindspring.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
    >>and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
    >>problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
    >>few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
    >>railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
    >>real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
    >>matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
    >>flying, this is the Scenery to get.
    >>
    >>Bob
    >
    > That should say " It's the most Frame Rate Friendly scenery that I
    > have seen "!!!!!
    >
    > Bob

    Bob, can I get you to do me a favor, I'm about to order the program
    Alaska-Canada Ultimate Scenery, I however would like to be sure that it does
    what I hope it does.

    Can you take a look at this screen shot
    http://www.ve5jl.com/screen_shot.html take the info on the screen and send
    me a shot of the same screen set for noon with clear skies.

    In the picture I have you can see the two sets of power lines. According to
    a actual navigation map there should also be a road and a rail line that are
    not in the Screen Shot.

    I'll post your screen shot on my website of the before and after so other
    simmers can look for themselves.

    I hope this is not too much to ask.

    73's

    Joe

    VE5JL.com

    http://www.ve5jl.com

    > I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
    > and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
    > problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
    > few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
    > railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
    > real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
    > matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
    > flying, this is the Scenery to get.
    >
    > Bob

    Hi Bob:

    One question. I'm a little confuse. Doesn't take much these days hehehe.
    How does Ultimate Scenery Alaska-Canada compare to FScene for USA & Canada?
    Do you have to uninstall FScene for USA & Canada before installing Ultimate
    Scenery or is it two different things all together..
    Thank you in advance for your response.
    Don

    "Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Bob...you were specific in mentioning VFR. Have you tried it from a high
    > altitude, say FL350? If so, did it make any difference? I enjoy flying
    > the passenger jets, often use the 'spot' view to enjoy the scenery and
    > would like an enhancement to Canadian and Alaskan environment. I rarely
    > fly VFR.
    >
    > Arthur

    Arthur - I wouldn't expect it to be spectactular when viewed from from high
    altitude. The whole purpose of the scenery Bob is describing is to get
    detail that enhances low altitude viewing. At high altitudes atmospheric
    and cloud effects generate the most realism, with ground detail necessarily
    being less important.

    And of course you need great looking mountains!

    John

    > "Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:54:20 GMT, Bob Cordone <nospam@mindspring.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
    >>>and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
    >>>problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
    >>>few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
    >>>railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
    >>>real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
    >>>matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
    >>>flying, this is the Scenery to get.
    >>>
    >>>Bob
    >>
    >> That should say " It's the most Frame Rate Friendly scenery that I
    >> have seen "!!!!!
    >>
    >> Bob

Games Microsoft Video Games