New Flight 1 Alaska-Canada Ultimate Scenery

Last response: in Video Games
April 4, 2005 3:54:20 PM

I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
flying, this is the Scenery to get.

Bob
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 3:56:20 PM

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:54:20 GMT, Bob Cordone <nospam@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
>and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
>problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
>few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
>railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
>real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
>matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
>flying, this is the Scenery to get.
>
>Bob

That should say " It's the most Frame Rate Friendly scenery that I
have seen "!!!!!

Bob
April 4, 2005 3:56:21 PM

Bob...you were specific in mentioning VFR. Have you tried it from a high
altitude, say FL350? If so, did it make any difference? I enjoy flying the
passenger jets, often use the 'spot' view to enjoy the scenery and would
like an enhancement to Canadian and Alaskan environment. I rarely fly VFR.

Arthur

"Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:54:20 GMT, Bob Cordone <nospam@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
>>and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
>>problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
>>few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
>>railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
>>real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
>>matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
>>flying, this is the Scenery to get.
>>
>>Bob
>
> That should say " It's the most Frame Rate Friendly scenery that I
> have seen "!!!!!
>
> Bob
April 5, 2005 2:46:28 AM

Bob, can I get you to do me a favor, I'm about to order the program
Alaska-Canada Ultimate Scenery, I however would like to be sure that it does
what I hope it does.

Can you take a look at this screen shot
http://www.ve5jl.com/screen_shot.html take the info on the screen and send
me a shot of the same screen set for noon with clear skies.

In the picture I have you can see the two sets of power lines. According to
a actual navigation map there should also be a road and a rail line that are
not in the Screen Shot.

I'll post your screen shot on my website of the before and after so other
simmers can look for themselves.

I hope this is not too much to ask.

73's

Joe

VE5JL.com

http://www.ve5jl.com

> I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
> and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
> problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
> few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
> railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
> real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
> matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
> flying, this is the Scenery to get.
>
> Bob
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 2:46:29 AM

Hi Bob:

One question. I'm a little confuse. Doesn't take much these days hehehe.
How does Ultimate Scenery Alaska-Canada compare to FScene for USA & Canada?
Do you have to uninstall FScene for USA & Canada before installing Ultimate
Scenery or is it two different things all together..
Thank you in advance for your response.
Don
"VE5JL" <ve5jl@SpamHater.com> wrote in message
> Bob, can I get you to do me a favor, I'm about to order the program
> Alaska-Canada Ultimate Scenery, I however would like to be sure that it
> does
> what I hope it does.
>
> Can you take a look at this screen shot
> http://www.ve5jl.com/screen_shot.html take the info on the screen and send
> me a shot of the same screen set for noon with clear skies.
>
> In the picture I have you can see the two sets of power lines. According
> a actual navigation map there should also be a road and a rail line that
> are
> not in the Screen Shot.
>
> I'll post your screen shot on my website of the before and after so other
> simmers can look for themselves.
>
> I hope this is not too much to ask.
>
> 73's
>
> Joe
>
> VE5JL.com
>
> http://www.ve5jl.com
>

> "Bob Cordone" <nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> I just got the new Flight 1 Ultimate scenery that has all of Alaska
>> and Canada. It works with Misty Fjords except some minor shoreline
>> problems in the Misty Area and there will be a patch out for that in a
>> few days. The Scenery is incredible. Great night effects, roads,
>> railroad tracks, mountains, buildings where there are buildings in
>> real life. It's the most frame rate scenery that I have seen. No
>> matter where you looks, the frame rate is steady. If you like VFR
>> flying, this is the Scenery to get.
>>
>> Bob

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:20:32 AM

"Arthur" <alspectorz@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Bob...you were specific in mentioning VFR. Have you tried it from a high
> altitude, say FL350? If so, did it make any difference? I enjoy flying
> the passenger jets, often use the 'spot' view to enjoy the scenery and
> would like an enhancement to Canadian and Alaskan environment. I rarely
> fly VFR.
>
> Arthur

Arthur - I wouldn't expect it to be spectactular when viewed from from high
altitude. The whole purpose of the scenery Bob is describing is to get
detail that enhances low altitude viewing. At high altitudes atmospheric
and cloud effects generate the most realism, with ground detail necessarily
being less important.

And of course you need great looking mountains!

John

!