epson printer using third party ink

I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
ink like shelling peas.

I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!

Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
extortion like HP and epson??
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk>

    "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
    > knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
    > ink like shelling peas.
    >
    > I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
    > about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
    >
    > Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
    > extortion like HP and epson??
    > Regards Andy T

    yeah, I've had good luck with www.abacus24-7.com for Epson inks ... but I
    would not buy anything but Epson ink for photographic work ... for text and
    "non-serious" graphics this ink is fine and a LOT cheaper than the Epson ...

    Remember the caveat with epson & most other inkjets:
    o Cheap consumables work ok
    ---- you may need ammonia based windex to clean them if you clog
    ---- otherwise the high quality compatible inks seem to be rated ok
    o High volume printing & cleaning fills the waste ink tank
    ---- the waste ink tank is not easily emptied, and obsoletes the printer

    So inkjets have a somewhat finite life engineered in.

    If he prints a lot of black & white, you may want to pick up a cheap used
    laser printer - or one which is easily refillable & cheap. Samsung ML-1210
    & similar whilst not pretty build quality have a quite ok engine, and the
    Samsungs at least have easily refilled toner cartridges (undo bung).
    --
    Dorothy Bradbury

    Hi,

    I've been dealing with http://store.compuside.com/ for almost 2 years now
    for our 60+ Epson printers at our school. We use 740, 880, C80,C82, and C84
    machines. The price is decent, but what's more important is the cartridges
    work.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:10:53 GMT, "Liz" <liz@tiredofspam.com> wrote:

    >"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
    >> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
    >> ink like shelling peas.
    >>
    >> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
    >> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
    >>
    >> Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
    >> extortion like HP and epson??
    >> Regards Andy T
    >
    >yeah, I've had good luck with www.abacus24-7.com for Epson inks ... but I
    >would not buy anything but Epson ink for photographic work ... for text and
    >"non-serious" graphics this ink is fine and a LOT cheaper than the Epson ...

    Ah I forgot to say I am in the Uk.

    Buying from the states would be less cost effective.

    Anyone know if abacus has an outlet in the Uk or another supplier as
    good as abacus.

    Regards Andy T

    --
    For users by users - BY-users group
    <http://www.by-users.co.uk>

    "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
    > knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
    > ink like shelling peas.
    >
    > I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
    > about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!

    The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which we
    also supply.
    Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
    Tony
    --
    Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
    http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink

    www.printpal.com

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:59:11 -0000, "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com>
    wrote:

    >"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
    >> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
    >> ink like shelling peas.
    >>
    >> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
    >> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
    >
    >The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which we
    >also supply.
    >Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
    >Tony
    I can get epson for less than that mate!

    Thanks anyway!
    Regards Andy T

    --

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:09:01 -0600, "Jimw" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote:

    >www.printpal.com

    Ta mate but I forgot to add this needsto be a supplier in the Uk or
    postage makes it expensive or they wont ship to here!

    thanks for trying surely a Uk user must know the best supplier??

    >"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
    >>> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
    >>> ink like shelling peas.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
    >>> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
    >>
    >> The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which
    >> we
    >> also supply.
    >> Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
    >> Tony
    >> --
    >> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
    >> http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink
    >> http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink
    >> http://www.aah-haa.com/affiliates.htm
    >> And a nice little earner...

    Regards Andy T

    --
    For users by users - BY-users group
    <http://www.by-users.co.uk>

    all are xpensive

    www.inkfactory.com

    --
    Mick Doherty
    http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html

    "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:09:01 -0600, "Jimw" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote:
    >
    >>www.printpal.com
    >>

    > Ta mate but I forgot to add this needsto be a supplier in the Uk or
    > postage makes it expensive or they wont ship to here!
    >
    > thanks for trying surely a Uk user must know the best supplier??
    >

    >>"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>> The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which
    >>> we
    >>> also supply.
    >>> Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
    >>> Tony
    >>> --
    >>> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
    >>> http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink
    >>> http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink
    >>> http://www.aah-haa.com/affiliates.htm
    >>> And a nice little earner...
    >>>

    > Regards Andy T
    >

    > --
    > For users by users - BY-users group
    > <http://www.by-users.co.uk>

    ---

    Personally I always recommend The Ink Factory - www.inkfactory.com

    Their JetTec compatibles are BOGOF and delivery is free.

    I've never had a duff one from them either.

    HTH

    Regards
    Steve G

    Andy T wrote:

    > I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
    > knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
    > ink like shelling peas.
    >
    > I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
    > about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
    >
    > Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
    > extortion like HP and epson??
    > Regards Andy T

Printers Epson Peripherals