epson printer using third party ink

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 14, 2004 11:44:00 PM

I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
ink like shelling peas.

I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!

Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
extortion like HP and epson??
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;

"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
> ink like shelling peas.
>
> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
>
> Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
> extortion like HP and epson??
> Regards Andy T

yeah, I've had good luck with www.abacus24-7.com for Epson inks ... but I
would not buy anything but Epson ink for photographic work ... for text and
"non-serious" graphics this ink is fine and a LOT cheaper than the Epson ...
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 2:05:28 AM

Remember the caveat with epson & most other inkjets:
o Cheap consumables work ok
---- you may need ammonia based windex to clean them if you clog
---- otherwise the high quality compatible inks seem to be rated ok
o High volume printing & cleaning fills the waste ink tank
---- the waste ink tank is not easily emptied, and obsoletes the printer

So inkjets have a somewhat finite life engineered in.

If he prints a lot of black & white, you may want to pick up a cheap used
laser printer - or one which is easily refillable & cheap. Samsung ML-1210
& similar whilst not pretty build quality have a quite ok engine, and the
Samsungs at least have easily refilled toner cartridges (undo bung).
--
Dorothy Bradbury
November 15, 2004 2:53:46 AM

Hi,

I've been dealing with http://store.compuside.com/ for almost 2 years now
for our 60+ Epson printers at our school. We use 740, 880, C80,C82, and C84
machines. The price is decent, but what's more important is the cartridges
work.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net
"Dorothy Bradbury" <dorothy.bradbury@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Remember the caveat with epson & most other inkjets:
> o Cheap consumables work ok
> ---- you may need ammonia based windex to clean them if you clog
> ---- otherwise the high quality compatible inks seem to be rated ok
> o High volume printing & cleaning fills the waste ink tank
> ---- the waste ink tank is not easily emptied, and obsoletes the printer
>
> So inkjets have a somewhat finite life engineered in.
>
> If he prints a lot of black & white, you may want to pick up a cheap used
> laser printer - or one which is easily refillable & cheap. Samsung ML-1210
> & similar whilst not pretty build quality have a quite ok engine, and the
> Samsungs at least have easily refilled toner cartridges (undo bung).
> --
> Dorothy Bradbury

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 11:38:47 AM

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:10:53 GMT, "Liz" <liz@tiredofspam.com> wrote:

>"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
>> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
>> ink like shelling peas.
>>
>> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
>> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
>>
>> Can any body reccomend a sensible priced ink supplier that is not the
>> extortion like HP and epson??
>> Regards Andy T
>
>yeah, I've had good luck with www.abacus24-7.com for Epson inks ... but I
>would not buy anything but Epson ink for photographic work ... for text and
>"non-serious" graphics this ink is fine and a LOT cheaper than the Epson ...

Ah I forgot to say I am in the Uk.

Buying from the states would be less cost effective.

Anyone know if abacus has an outlet in the Uk or another supplier as
good as abacus.

Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;
November 15, 2004 11:59:11 AM

"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
> ink like shelling peas.
>
> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!

The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which we
also supply.
Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
Tony
--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink

www.printpal.com

"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message

> "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
>> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
>> ink like shelling peas.
>>
>> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
>> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
>
> The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which
> we
> also supply.
> Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
> Tony
> --
> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
> http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink
> http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink
> http://www.aah-haa.com/affiliates.htm
> And a nice little earner...

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 5:14:11 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:59:11 -0000, "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com>
wrote:

>"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
>> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
>> ink like shelling peas.
>>
>> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
>> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
>
>The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which we
>also supply.
>Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
>Tony
I can get epson for less than that mate!

Thanks anyway!
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 5:14:12 AM

"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o poip0lfojsbrp29l338upd3nlcla4enb6@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:59:11 -0000, "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
> >>

> >> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
> >> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
> >> ink like shelling peas.
> >>
> >> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
> >> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
> >
> >The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which
we
> >also supply.
> >Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
> >Tony
> I can get epson for less than that mate!
>
> Thanks anyway!
> Regards Andy T
>

> --
> For users by users - BY-users group
> <http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 5:20:17 AM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:09:01 -0600, "Jimw" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote:

>www.printpal.com

Ta mate but I forgot to add this needsto be a supplier in the Uk or
postage makes it expensive or they wont ship to here!

thanks for trying surely a Uk user must know the best supplier??

>"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>

>>> I have a couple of epson stylus colour 900's and my lad uses them to
>>> knock up his projects for school so as you can imagine he gets through
>>> ink like shelling peas.
>>>
>>> I have tried few manufacturers inks and to be honest all of them are
>>> about 50% successful. Brand new cartridges just scrap!
>>
>> The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which
>> we
>> also supply.
>> Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
>> Tony
>> --
>> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
>> http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink
>> http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink
>> http://www.aah-haa.com/affiliates.htm
>> And a nice little earner...

Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 5:20:18 AM

all are xpensive
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:09:01 -0600, "Jimw" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote:
>
> >www.printpal.com
> >

> Ta mate but I forgot to add this needsto be a supplier in the Uk or
> postage makes it expensive or they wont ship to here!
>
> thanks for trying surely a Uk user must know the best supplier??
>

> >"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec
which
> >> we
> >> also supply.
> >> Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
> >> Tony
> >> --
> >> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
> >> http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink
> >> http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink
> >> http://www.aah-haa.com/affiliates.htm
> >> And a nice little earner...
> >>

> Regards Andy T
>

> --
> For users by users - BY-users group
> <http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 10:13:50 AM

www.inkfactory.com

--
Mick Doherty
http://dotnetrix.co.uk/nothing.html

"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:09:01 -0600, "Jimw" <jimnluna@isp.com> wrote:
>
>>www.printpal.com
>>

> Ta mate but I forgot to add this needsto be a supplier in the Uk or
> postage makes it expensive or they wont ship to here!
>
> thanks for trying surely a Uk user must know the best supplier??
>

>>"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> The acknowledged alternate cartridge brand leader is surely JetTec which
>>> we
>>> also supply.
>>> Guaranteed and made in Boston UK
>>> Tony
>>> --
>>> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
>>> http://www.inkylink.co.uk Jettec pigment ink
>>> http://www.inkylinkusa.com 30% more ink
>>> http://www.aah-haa.com/affiliates.htm
>>> And a nice little earner...
>>>

> Regards Andy T
>

> --
> For users by users - BY-users group
> <http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;

---
November 20, 2004 4:55:38 PM

Personally I always recommend The Ink Factory - www.inkfactory.com

Their JetTec compatibles are BOGOF and delivery is free.

I've never had a duff one from them either.

HTH

Regards
Steve G

!