Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

VPN through router.?help!!! Routing tables on NT SERVER

Tags:
  • VPN
  • Routers
  • Servers
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 9:00:59 PM

I have an W2kNT Server which is running as a VPN server for around 40 PCs
(ALL XP PRO) all have 2Mbit BBand lines. The server was using a std BB modem
and just dialled and clients connected and used the files they needed to
without a hitch! But I now have to use a router to do the same job and I am
having problems, as follows.

The router uses a static address 81.xxx.xxx.146 and that is the address
that's public, the local address of the router is 81.xxx.xxx.151. Now I
think my problem is to do with routing tables but I am lost (have read books
over and over)

I can get the server to connect to the web through the router, I cant
however get the remotes to connect through the router to the local network
on the second card in the server.

any help with this would be fantastic as it is driving me up the wall.

Thanks

Steve

More about : vpn router routing tables server

May 19, 2004 12:03:40 PM

What address do the VPN clients connect to? If your VPN server is
behind a router, than you need an address translation for the VPN
server and you need to allow the traffic to the server (assuming, of
course, that you are filtering traffic into the network).