overclocking and warrantees

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
ok overclocking voids your warrantees i kno that.. but which ones?

i am aware that ocing your cpu loses your cpu warrantee.
same with video card.

does ocing affect your motherboard warrantee?
does using a 3rd party hsf for cpu or video card void your warrantee?

and lastly just some food for thought...since amd users oc so much. amd never has to replace busted procs ahahhhahahah

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
As a mater of fact NO.
What are BIOS records?

lol i was bsing but i assume motherboards have someway of keeping tracking all the changes that have occured in the bios. i kno that some mobos can track hardware changes and and u can view the records in the bios

Loup Garou

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Overclocking a CPU or GPU should not void a motherboard's warranty.

Can having the WRONG BIOS setting on a motherboard void it's warranty?

I kind of doubt it.

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Overclocking a CPU or GPU should not void a motherboard's warranty.

ur right that it doesnt void the warrantee technically. but its also a fact that damages caused by ocing is not coverd by it so wehn u oc...ur waranty is USELESS

now does someone other than number1 have any answers to the original questions?

"ok overclocking voids your warrantees i kno that.. but which ones?
"

Probably safest to not mention any OCig at all if RMAing a product....not exactly honest, but, that's another ethical debate....

I doubt the cpu or MB warranty would be affected by Ocing a video card, but OCing the proc also means OCing the mb unless you have an unlocked FX processor that allows higher multiplier....and you can be certain that neither mb or cpu manufacturer are going to honor a warranty once you mention overclocking..

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
the army part sounds funny, but the rest is pretty reassuring.
now all i can do is hope that my comp dont burn up. btw how the hell do ppl get their venices to idle at like 22C on air. mine is 33 idle oced

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
my asus board only lets me go to vcore 1.55 . is it recommended that i use software to boost vcore to 1.65? how does it affect my proc when i boot up? does it boot at lower clock and then ocs when im in windows? if it does is that good for the chip?